Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Interior door handles

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 01:23 PM

Red face Interior door handles

I just recently had to replace an interior door handle in my 06 HHr. Did I get a surprise when told I hand to buy a whole door panel to get one.I had to search around to find an after market handle for a$100, which I felt was too expensive.
I thought this was the age of green and recycling it would seem like the life of the handle would be more than five years. My 42 Caddy door handles still work great
Also I dislike that the bolt patteran is 110 instead of 112 or 115 like the rest of GM five hole which limits your choice of wheels
Old 01-06-2012, 02:33 PM

Dorman makes a replacement door handle p/n 80369 and p/n 80370 (driver side and pass side) and Rock Auto have them for around $70. Rock Auto is a good company ( No, I do not work for them).
Age of Green just means everyone wants your green bucks as I see it.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by gas sipper06
I just recently had to replace an interior door handle in my 06 HHr. Did I get a surprise when told I hand to buy a whole door panel to get one.I had to search around to find an after market handle for a$100, which I felt was too expensive.
I thought this was the age of green and recycling it would seem like the life of the handle would be more than five years. My 42 Caddy door handles still work great
Also I dislike that the bolt patteran is 110 instead of 112 or 115 like the rest of GM five hole which limits your choice of wheels
Green and Recycling! That's the problem. GM probably made the door handles out of recycled materials, thus they fall apart in no time at all!!