Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Lost my remaining bumper reflector

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:26 PM

Lost my remaining bumper reflector

I just bought my 2011 LT a couple of weeks ago. When I bought it, it was missing one of the rear bumper reflectors and the dealership offered to order me another one. It hasn't come in yet. Leaving work today I noticed the other one is now missing! I might have lost it at the car wash. I'll go back tomorrow and see if they found it. Is this a common problem?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Rest In Peace

No.

But, if you bought it used, it could have been repaired after an accident and whatever bodyshop did not fully install properly?

But it's not a common thing to be falling off the HHR.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Administrator

sunds like the work of devious persons of questionable reputation, or a mean set of potholes !!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:03 PM

In VA that would flunk the state safety inspection. The seller is responsible for selling a car that can pass state inspection. I could get an "improper equipment" ticket in VA for that.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:32 PM

While its not as important as a reflector, someone has taken two sets of the pretty gold bowties off my HHR. The dealer ordered a set when we bought the car as someone had taken them off while the car sat on his lot.

A few weeks later they were gone again. I got to pay for this set. The insurance we had at that time had a $100.00 deductible on the comprehensive coverage so it was smarter for me to just buy them than turn in a claim.

About a month later someone snagged the front one and about a week after that they took the back one.

So,... I painted the centers of the emblem with safety yellow spray paint.

I'm waiting for the thief to lift that.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:02 AM

Grizzly, sounds like you need a new place to park!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:37 PM

Wow, Grizzly, aren't those things glued on? It took me a couple of months to find the HHR I ultimately bought, but in that time I noticed that the gold foil, or whatever it is on the underside of the bow ties, was all crinkled up on almost all the HHRs. I figured it was a manufacturing defect where they went crinkly in the heat of the sun or something. The one I bought is in pretty good shape, but I've wondered what it would take to replace them.

There was no history of a collision or any damage for my HHR, so I don't know what the deal is on my reflectors. I'm guessing someone at the factory had a bad day or got interrupted in installing mine! The one the dealer ordered is now in and the one I think I lost at the car wash is probably gone forever, so I'll just have to order another. Looks like about $17 online plus shipping. I'll make sure they are tight and hope I don't lose any more.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:48 AM

Wow! Got my reflector back from the car wash. My daughter works there and found it in the refuse. Had been run over but was still serviceable. They snap on and just have a tiny piece of double sided tape on the back. I cleaned it up and covered as much of the back as I could with double sided tape and reinstalled it. Hope it will survive the car wash now!

Right now I'm at the dealership getting the other one they promised me installed.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:19 PM

Talking

i tried to find a couple in the buy and sell section and ebay when i first bought my used hhr.
no luck so i came up with this:
we run a fleet of trailers and they have to have the silver/red reflector tape the length of the trailer.
the reflector tape has really good adhesive,i built up the holder with filler and cut the tape to fit.
works perfectly.been there for almost a year and the car wash has not managed to remove either one.
here in nova scotia the dealer wanted $43+ tax for each.