Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

my transmision feels funny at 51,000

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by helhedded
I'm just following the suggestions in the manual.
From the owners manual:
(h) Change automatic transaxle fluid and filter if the
vehicle is mainly driven under one or more of these
conditions:
− In heavy city traffic where the outside temperature
regularly reaches 90°F (32°C) or higher.
− In hilly or mountainous terrain.
− When doing frequent trailer towing.
− Uses such as found in taxi, police, or
delivery service.
If you do not use your vehicle under any of these
conditions, the fluid and filter do not require changing.

So unless you fall into one of the categories above, the trans fluid should not need to be changed.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:28 PM

I swear that I saw it as a 50,000 mile routine maintenance. I don't have my manual with me at the moment... but I remember there being a level 1 and level 2 maintenance schedule. Perhaps what you posted is under level 2 which is why I thought that I needed the flush.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:59 PM

I swear that I saw it as a 50,000 mile routine maintenance. I don't have my manual with me at the moment... but I remember there being a level 1 and level 2 maintenance schedule. Perhaps what you posted is under level 2 which is why I thought that I needed the flush.
It does show in the maintenance checklist, but it also states there in parentheses that it is for "severe service only" and then references the footnote I quoted.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:11 AM

Well this problem is intermittent. I don't see it being fixed until it happens on a regular basis. I can't get this dealership to fix anything if they can't reproduce the problem. Such as it goes I guess.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:41 PM

Well. 2 years later and I'm now at 82,000 miles, out of warranty and the problem is no longer intermittent -rather constant.

Does anyone think that a flush a refill would help this? Is the same stuttering feel around 40mph. I plan on taking it in for some routine maintenance tomorrow but I don't want to waste $170 on a flush if it won't help.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:33 PM

I'm just going to mention it to them and see if they'll be willing to work with me on looking into the issue. I'm only 4 months past the 5 year deal.

Last edited by helhedded; 03-02-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Platinum Member

You know, I just don't understand why people will not listen !!!

As ChevyMgr indicated 2 years ago, you are under warranty, take it to the dealer. Now the shocking part of this .....you MAY STILL be under warranty....it's a 5 year/100,000 mile POWERTRAIN warranty. So, if you still fit into these parameters, take it to the $#%^$#@ dealer. Then you won't be back here in 6 months complaining you don't have a transmission.

If you are outside of the mentioned parameters, then it's your $$$$$. Should have listened the first time. JMO

Disregard my rent regarding the warranty. I see you already mentioned you're past the time parameter.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:54 PM

Well. 2 years later and I'm now at 82,000 miles, out of warranty and the problem is no longer intermittent -rather constant.

Does anyone think that a flush a refill would help this? Is the same stuttering feel around 40mph. I plan on taking it in for some routine maintenance tomorrow but I don't want to waste $170 on a flush if it won't help.
Did I read right? You still have this issue? Did you fix something?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Zagohhr
Did I read right? You still have this issue? Did you fix something?
Yes I still have the issue.

I made this thread and shortly after I took my '07 to the dealership for something unrelated and I mentioned that this was happening. I was told by the Chevrolet service consultant that it would have to be occurring on a regular basis in order for the problem to be diagnosed. At that time it wasn't happening on a regular basis. Now it is happening on a regular basis and to answer your other question, no I have not fixed anything. The transmission is still running the same fluid and filter that it has been since day 1.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:36 PM

Seems to me if there is documentation that you made the intial complaint while the car was under warrantee, you should at a mimimum get some financial help with the repair, if not a full repair at their cost. I have a Ford product, and complained about the AC while it was under warrantee. They couldn't find the problem until two years later when the compressor failed. They replaced the compressor at half cost.

Quick Reply: my transmision feels funny at 51,000