Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

my transmision feels funny at 51,000

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:50 PM

If the service writer actually "put it in writing" on the service order that it wouldn't be fixed until it was not intermitent, then take that document in with you and tell them you followed their instructions exactly.. and now they should fix it based on the fact you established a credible case with your initial complaint.

It is extremely important to get problems documented as you go, or your probably Dead Meat.

Handled pretty much like in the Legal World ... Get it in writing.

Good luck.....
Old 03-02-2012, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by helhedded
I'm just following the suggestions in the manual.
What page is that on?!!! As was said unless you tow, or do some other outrageous "super duty" abusing, it should need nothing at all for at least 100K. Please don't be enriching the other people for no reason.

That will probably be "a recommended service" every time you go to Anybody that does trans flushes, they try to get away with it. But, you gotta look at Who Is Recommending the service and who they are looking out for (not you).
Old 03-02-2012, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silverfox
If the service writer actually "put it in writing" on the service order that it wouldn't be fixed until it was not intermitent, then take that document in with you and tell them you followed their instructions exactly.. and now they should fix it based on the fact you established a credible case with your initial complaint.

It is extremely important to get problems documented as you go, or your probably Dead Meat.

Handled pretty much like in the Legal World ... Get it in writing.

Good luck.....
Yep, documentation will make the case for you. If its a documented problem of long standing, I would be surprised if they didn't work with you, if even only on a compromise solution.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
What page is that on?!!! As was said unless you tow, or do some other outrageous "super duty" abusing, it should need nothing at all for at least 100K. Please don't be enriching the other people for no reason.

That will probably be "a recommended service" every time you go to Anybody that does trans flushes, they try to get away with it. But, you gotta look at Who Is Recommending the service and who they are looking out for (not you).

I misread the the manual. If this forum allowed old posts to be edited I'd be allover it. I don't want to feed misleading information.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the helpful replies. Unfortunately the only documentation I have is this thread. Me reporting this to the associate was all spoken word on my way out as they were closing.

Live and learn.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by helhedded
I misread the the manual. If this forum allowed old posts to be edited I'd be allover it. I don't want to feed misleading information.
And I misread the date, sorry my browser was not showing the other 2 pages for some reason. Are you sure it's the trans, could be CV or bearing?
Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
And I misread the date, sorry my browser was not showing the other 2 pages for some reason. Are you sure it's the trans, could be CV or bearing?
Doubt it, it only seems to happen in 4th gear around 40mph. I usually notice it on the ascent of a overpass while cruising to work or back home.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:22 AM

Hello helhedded,
Your problem seems to be like mine.

Here is the 27sec Video I posted on Youtube. Watch the RMP gauge. Speed steady at 45mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAswbYu_O80

It ended up as a software problem in the transmission. The dealer reset the driver shift learning points and moved the shift point before the problem speed. I had no problems since. Cost $50

Here is a long thread on Transmission surging.
See the last post in this tread for a self reset.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/would-called-surging-32188/
Old 03-13-2012, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pretzel
Hello helhedded,
Your problem seems to be like mine.

Here is the 27sec Video I posted on Youtube. Watch the RMP gauge. Speed steady at 45mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAswbYu_O80

It ended up as a software problem in the transmission. The dealer reset the driver shift learning points and moved the shift point before the problem speed. I had no problems since. Cost $50

Here is a long thread on Transmission surging.
See the last post in this tread for a self reset.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32188
very very helpful. Thank you! I'm going to try the self reset this afternoon and I'll post up tomorrow if anything changed. I was never able to make it to the Service Center so I will try this before I take it in.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:47 PM

Wow. This reset did the trick as far as I can tell. Third gear now shifts earlier too which I like.

So are people really getting charged $50 for a mechanic to unplug the battery for 20 minutes?

Quick Reply: my transmision feels funny at 51,000