Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

New HHR, and problems a-plenty

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 10:51 AM

New HHR, and problems a-plenty

Just bought our HHR LT in Florida this past week. Driving North on 75 Saturday night, the car started missing and hesitating. We have less than 400 total miles on the car at this point.

The traction control light came on, then the check engine light. Called the roadside assistance number (twice) expecting the technical assistance that the brocure promises, and found that they only arrange for a tow to some dealer for service. A recording at the customer assistance number politely suggested that we call back during their normal business hours Monday through Friday.

So, with no other options, since the vehiclle manual states that to continue operating the vehicle may void any warranty coverage, and not wanting to be stranded on the side of the interstate in the middle of the night, we stopped at a hotel to wait till Monday to get it looked at.

If you're looking at the customer service, or roadside assistance as part of your decision making process, you'd better read carefully. There is also a clause in the warranty that states no reimbursement for other expenses, like hotels, rental car, etc. is to be expected. Assistance for the Chevy line evidently doesn't exist if you happen to need it after 5, or on the weekend.

Guess my trip is going to be a bit more expensive than planned.

Happy Trails.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by H.Robinson
Just bought our HHR LT in Florida this past week. Driving North on 75 Saturday night, the car started missing and hesitating. We have less than 400 total miles on the car at this point.

The traction control light came on, then the check engine light. Called the roadside assistance number (twice) expecting the technical assistance that the brocure promises, and found that they only arrange for a tow to some dealer for service. A recording at the customer assistance number politely suggested that we call back during their normal business hours Monday through Friday.

So, with no other options, since the vehiclle manual states that to continue operating the vehicle may void any warranty coverage, and not wanting to be stranded on the side of the interstate in the middle of the night, we stopped at a hotel to wait till Monday to get it looked at.

If you're looking at the customer service, or roadside assistance as part of your decision making process, you'd better read carefully. There is also a clause in the warranty that states no reimbursement for other expenses, like hotels, rental car, etc. is to be expected. Assistance for the Chevy line evidently doesn't exist if you happen to need it after 5, or on the weekend.

Guess my trip is going to be a bit more expensive than planned.

Happy Trails.
That sux!!!!!Let us know what they found, and hopefully sooner than latr.........
Old 04-16-2006, 02:39 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by H.Robinson
Make sure all the fuses are seated properly, if you haven't done it already.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/all-new-hhr-owners-check-522/
Old 04-16-2006, 06:55 PM

Yep, sounds like a loose fuse & relay scenario to me.
Be sure to check both the underhood fusebox and the interior fuses behind the center console. Also - read the thread mentioned above.

Best of luck!
Old 04-16-2006, 10:10 PM

Good advice from those above!!
Old 08-12-2006, 04:41 PM

any update as to what was wrong here? this same exact thing just happened to us on our way homew from the store. I'm heading out right now to check the fuses just in case.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:03 PM

Just what Mike said. I checked mine when I first bought it and no problems yet. Did find a few that where loose.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:09 PM

I was just coming back here to update. all the fuses were seated all the way. I'm still having the problem.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by chrishicks
I was just coming back here to update. all the fuses were seated all the way. I'm still having the problem.

I'd take it to the dealer and see what codes the ECM has in it.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:29 PM

thats the plan for first thing on Mon. I was just running through the possible easy fixes before hand just in case.

Quick Reply: New HHR, and problems a-plenty