Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

No remotes to car

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:20 PM

No remotes to car

Hi again,

like i said we just bought our used hhr lt2 ..love it.. Very high millage 154 k but it was a 1 car owner and high way miles. Very well maintained very well. Now the owner did not give in the remotes to dealer. So we ordered online and now my question is can we program them? Or does the dealer need to program them? Thanks for the reply in advance.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 PM

PTC

My GM dealer programed mine for $15.00 each. Call some GM dealers and
ask what they charge. Most HHRs have auto-start standard. (except those sold to rental companies.

Boydie

Originally Posted by PTCRUISER30
Hi again,

like i said we just bought our used hhr lt2 ..love it.. Very high millage 154 k but it was a 1 car owner and high way miles. Very well maintained very well. Now the owner did not give in the remotes to dealer. So we ordered online and now my question is can we program them? Or does the dealer need to program them? Thanks for the reply in advance.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:58 PM

The answer is : they must be programed by a GM dealer or a well equipped locksmith, cannot be done without a very very very expensive special tool.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member

Follow-up with the dealer as the car should have come with the remotes - they are an integral part of the security and anti-theft system. If it was a Chevy dealer they should at least split the cost of their replacement. Perhaps they can contact the previous owner and round them up.

ps: donbrew is right - you cannot program them yourself - dealer/locksmith is the only choices.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:38 PM

no remotes

THANKS TO ALL. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO GET 2 PROGRAMMED .. WITH IT BEING A USED CAR THE DEALER TOLD ME IF IT DOESN'T PROGRAM I STILL WILL HAVE TO PAY DUE TO NOT BUYING THE REMOTES FROM THEM. I BOUGHT THE REMOTES ONLINE FOR 23.?? FOR BOTH REMOTES. THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME 93.86 FOR 1 REMOTE AND THEN 50.00 TO PROGRAM.
SO I AM HOPING THAT THEY CAN PROGRAM AND THEN IT WILL ONLY BE 47.50 PLUS TAX.. SO HOPING IT GOES WELL. HAVE APPT. ON TUES.
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE..
Old 08-30-2013, 09:24 AM

In my case the dealer didn't give me any remotes for my '08 Panel. He said they gave me a lower price on the used car which didn't include remotes. (McDonald's GM in Saginaw, Michigan.) Never again. They snatched the chrome trailer hitch too off the car too.

I took my HHR to a dealer in Owosso, Michigan (Youngs) with two keys and a FOB I bought on eBay. They took my car in the bay and the maintaince man came out and said your ignition is bad (it was sticking and turning hard. He said they would replace the ignition free. They did and they programed 3 keys and the FOB for me. Total cost to me was $16.25. It was 3 weeks later that I leaned on this forum I proably had remote start. I tried and was amazed when it started.

Hmmm you might tell them your key sticks sometimes

Boydie Back in the Saddle again..............................

Originally Posted by PTCRUISER30
THANKS TO ALL. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO GET 2 PROGRAMMED .. WITH IT BEING A USED CAR THE DEALER TOLD ME IF IT DOESN'T PROGRAM I STILL WILL HAVE TO PAY DUE TO NOT BUYING THE REMOTES FROM THEM. I BOUGHT THE REMOTES ONLINE FOR 23.?? FOR BOTH REMOTES. THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME 93.86 FOR 1 REMOTE AND THEN 50.00 TO PROGRAM.
SO I AM HOPING THAT THEY CAN PROGRAM AND THEN IT WILL ONLY BE 47.50 PLUS TAX.. SO HOPING IT GOES WELL. HAVE APPT. ON TUES.
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE..