Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Old Recall and TSB Number post

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
Hey y'all, does anyone have a digital copy of the fender paint issue TSB. I had it as a pdf but either deleted it from my computer or have it archived in my work email which I can't search from home and need a copy of it tonight for tomorrow morning.

If someone has something they could send to me that would be great. mgierach@hotmail.com

Thanks very much,
Mike
Sent.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by nfboy
Sent.

Thanks, I got the email. Exactly what I needed. Now when my dealer says he can't find a TSB I can give it to him.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:06 PM

If someone out there has access to the TSBs, could you take a look at TSB

05-08-51-008A - Body - Bumps/Rust Colored Spots in Paint

When I was waxing the HHR on the weekend, I noticed rust colored spots in my paint, both on metal painted areas and plastic.

I'd like to know what the TSB says about this before I talk to the dealership about it.

Also curious about 06-08-51-002 - Body - Paint/Body Damage On Rocker Panels

I already installed running boards myself, would just like to get the fender pads cleaned up and get the little bit of sandblasting on my lower rear doors fixed.

Thanks...Brad
Old 05-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
If someone out there has access to the TSBs, could you take a look at TSB

05-08-51-008A - Body - Bumps/Rust Colored Spots in Paint

When I was waxing the HHR on the weekend, I noticed rust colored spots in my paint, both on metal painted areas and plastic.

I'd like to know what the TSB says about this before I talk to the dealership about it.

Also curious about 06-08-51-002 - Body - Paint/Body Damage On Rocker Panels

I already installed running boards myself, would just like to get the fender pads cleaned up and get the little bit of sandblasting on my lower rear doors fixed.

Thanks...Brad
Rail dust most likely only just showing now after the winter. I noticed a couple of tiny spots on mine as well but I am planning a clay bar treatment so I am hoping that will do the trick. In the meantime if you find out what the TSB says, I would be curious.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:55 PM

I used the Turtle Wax liquid clay bar on it and they are still there.

I think they are actually "in" the paint.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Black Rose
I used the Turtle Wax liquid clay bar on it and they are still there.

I think they are actually "in" the paint.
Rail dust burns into the paint to a degree. I am talking about a real clay bar. I am pretty sure somewhere on the forum a number of members said that a clay bar helps remove the imbedded dust.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by nfboy
Rail dust burns into the paint to a degree. I am talking about a real clay bar. I am pretty sure somewhere on the forum a number of members said that a clay bar helps remove the imbedded dust.
Absolutely!! Just make sure you keep it lubricated while claying it!! Then be sure to give it a good wax when you're finished!! My yellow Focus shows little spots of orange-like rust (lighter colors show this more easily) and claying it does the trick!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:13 AM

Ran across this provocative TSB title at Alldata: 04-06-04-054A JAN 07 Engine Controls - Aftermarket Accessory Usage.

Has anyone read the full text? Could someone please post the full text or at least an explanation?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Platinum Member

I believe I can post that TSB for you. But, I'll need to do it by a "subversive" method. My resourse site somehow blocks downloading and copying attempts. I think I found a way around it, but I'll need to make it 2 posts....if that's o'k.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:08 PM

Sure, Snoopy, whatever works

Quick Reply: Old Recall and TSB Number post