Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Old Recall and TSB Number post

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Platinum Member

For some reason, I can't seem to do any attachments. I sent a note to administration. Hope you're not in a hurry.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member

TSB#04-06-04-054A, Aftermarket Parts, etc.

Wackaloon...see if this works for you.....

Old 06-05-2007, 11:31 AM

Thanks Snoopy, that's what I needed. I note that GM doesn't reference Moss-Magnussen or the fact that aftermarket parts installation void the warranty ONLY when they can prove that the failure was due to the installation of the aftermarket part and would only affect the warranty for the system/assembly that the aftermarket part is installed on. In other words brake problems could not be disallowed from warranty repairs because you have an IMCO muffler or an air intake installed.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Platinum Member

Wackaloon.....no problem..happy to accommodate.

It really comes down to what I stated regarding oil changes, "Whatever you are comfortable with".

But I need to say, you really don't want to get in the middle of the manufacturer and MM Act. It's a $$$$ing nightmare, and it takes a good deal of time to resolve.

I've been involved in 3 instances of this type of activity, representing the Manufacturer. You may "win"......but what are you using for a vehicle when, the car won't run and you are contesting/arguing this position for the next month or 2? What happens when GM provides a court order to seize the car as evidence, to support their position (as the case of aftermarket brake pads and an accident)......been there, done that?

MM Act is a good thing....but don't believe everything people tell you about it. GM is a BIIIIIGGGGG company with many attorneys, on staff, and the ability to hire other top legal firms and experts. Is someone like CGS (not picking on them...just using it as an example), with a 5 mil gross, going to spend hundreds of thousands or millions to say, yeah our product is not at fault? Or how about the "outlaw" air filter. Does it provide the particulate filtering level of the OEM? Who is going to defend you when GM says "dust" accumulation in the MAP caused a failure (again, not criticizing the filter.....giving an example)?

I'm not disputing or taking sides in this subject. Just providing some thoughts. But, I do think people need to be realistic regarding expectations of representation.

But again, you need to do what you are comfortable with (I've done a few "things" that could challenge warranty coverage...in my comfort level)!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 07:01 AM

You will probably not be covered with a Salvage Title.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:03 AM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 91
Size:  5.6 KB to the site!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 03:40 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by nortsr
You will probably not be covered with a Salvage Title.
Name:  welcome-3.gif
Views: 77
Size:  7.7 KB Had to travel back nearly a whole year to find what you might have been refering to.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Exclamation Help Needed

I know that somewhere in our forums there was a post regarding a TSB issued in reference to intermittent lighting issues when using the remote start. For the life of me I have not been able to locate this info, and I am on the way to the dealer for service tomorrow. I'm sure they could look it up, but there is nothing like showing up armed and dangerous. If anyone here has a larger cranium than I do, your help locating this will be much appreciated!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:56 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
I know that somewhere in our forums there was a post regarding a TSB issued in reference to intermittent lighting issues when using the remote start. For the life of me I have not been able to locate this info, and I am on the way to the dealer for service tomorrow. I'm sure they could look it up, but there is nothing like showing up armed and dangerous. If anyone here has a larger cranium than I do, your help locating this will be much appreciated!
According to the following thread, there has been no cure yet.........

REMOTE STARTER AND PARKING LITES
Old 07-24-2007, 06:17 PM

I know that I saw a TSB mentioning replacing the BCM or something to correct the problem. Re-flashing didn't help (except with my sex life.....another story for another day )

Quick Reply: Old Recall and TSB Number post