Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Our NEW (USED) Blue HHR LS

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 12:55 PM

Angry Our NEW (USED) Blue HHR LS

Well - Don't even know where to begin becuase our NEW HHR Has been such a bad experience. After driving it home the 2nd day of owning it, Made a left hand turn in town and Bam the freeking front wheel came off! I am so glad I was driving it at the time, becuase My Wife and 2yr old have been riving it the day before at highway speeds. To make a lonf story short, flatted bedded it back to dealr where thay fixed everything in one day, also noticed it was more detailed then the day we picked her up. So they redelivered the HHR Back to our store (We are small business owners) The next day day driving it home from work, the check engine light comes on. Used the OnStar diagnostics, which they informed me the cooling system as failed. Saturday morning I personally drove it back to the dealer staight to service, handed them the keys and and said fix this ****. Within a toal of 4 days, the wheel fell off (Which they could not or would not - tell me why or how) They said the "bolt" and nut were completely gone. - Did I mentioned this could have KILLED Someone? Holy **** - I love the car but these kind of issues in 4 days? Come-on? I will be posting pictures soon as I can - I have plenty! Anyone know of any of these issues being common problems with the HHR? It's 08 LS 4dr Blue with 80k miles. Thanks All - I look forward to hearing from ya! Andrew Fornal/ President / Owner Jamestown Computer Inc. Jamestown, PA 16134
Old 09-22-2012, 01:33 PM

Screwed HHR

Name:  DSCF7069_zpscbcbc90b.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  253.9 KB
Old 09-22-2012, 01:35 PM

Angry

PICTURE IS IN REF TO ABOVE POST THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED ON DAY 2 OF OWNERSHIP - Thank god I was driving and only like 10mphand not my wife and 2yr old daughter in the car.....
Old 09-22-2012, 01:36 PM

Name:  DSCF7067_zps945ff518.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  295.9 KB
Old 09-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Banned

Wow......
Old 09-22-2012, 01:39 PM

4th day after the above

Check engine light comes on - Onstar reported cooling system failure! Drove it to dealership dropped it off. Can't wait to see what they say next! I'm NOT Happy - I do love the car - But wow if this contunues, time for an attorney I think?
Old 09-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Premium Member

jesus christ! thats messed up! I feel for you buddy, I would be pissed off too! I personally have never experienced this with my HHR and I have the same model and year and about the same mileage too. Me personally, I would write a letter to GM and leave the car at the dealership and make them go through the car completely! Or maybe even try another dealership! Keep us posted on the process man, good luck!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:45 PM

Thanks - I think I need to load some ammo soon for an attorney.....WTF.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:56 PM

Wow is right. I have an 08 Panel LS and have not had anywhere near those kind of problems. I have 86K on mine right now. Sounds like someone may have started having problems and traded it in instead of having the repairs done. The dealer should have gone through and checked everything before resale.

Good luck with repairs. My opinion, these are great little vehicles and really enjoy mine but they do seem to require that you stay on top of the maintenance.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:08 PM

Angry

Thanks - My 1ST Choice was the Panel, however They had none and they are getting harder and harder to locate, without added dealer fees to get one. Like I said I did review this car and was super pleased that they got such good ratings etc....I love the car- NOT Ready to give up on her just yet. Like ya said the dealer should and claim they did go over the whole car. I think someone is fibbing. I Told them when it's fixed I want a copy of ALL Maint records etc, along with the car fax report (I had that but lost it....) It had never been in any accidents and had a clean bill of health along with what wa done to the car since new. I'm hoping to move beyond thse issues and start enjoying our HHR and NOT having to take it back every few days for another issue.....Maybe like my wife said, better now then later and get the bugs out of her.....

Quick Reply: Our NEW (USED) Blue HHR LS