Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Our NEW (USED) Blue HHR LS

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 08:28 PM

Angry

Me too! I'm very thankful I was the one driving home from work and this did NOT happen the day before when My wife and daughter were out shopping, and driving highways at highway speeds. I'm trying to block that thought.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Platinum Member

Full Warranty ? on an 08, unless the car lot is warranting it, you likely only have the remainder of the 5 year / 100K Powertrain warranty,.

You paid $9K + Jeep Liberty.. for an '08 LS with 80K on it.. Yeoww!! $9K alone would have been a fair price (no offense meant)....

"Anyone know of any of these issues being common problems with the HHR?"

This is absolutely NOT common, fact I can't remember anyone ever having this happen here....
Old 09-23-2012, 12:19 AM

The mechanic probably replaced the bolt with the blunt he was smoking. Yeah wheel falling off is a first. Bum luck. Did you do a vin check?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:43 AM

Theres two panels in maryland.:)
Old 09-23-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
The mechanic probably replaced the bolt with the blunt he was smoking. Yeah wheel falling off is a first. Bum luck. Did you do a vin check?
no **** thats awesome!!! should invest in better wraps?!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:01 AM

Onstar in an LS? BTW in the pic it looks like the lower balljoint either broke or lost the castle nut, which is cotter pinned for that very reason. Do they not have required safety inspections in PA when title is transferred?

If a state approved safety inspection is required for title transfer, then the fault of that incident falls entirely on whoever did the inspection not a week before, and here they could lose their certification for it.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:08 AM

Thanks for the input funny or or not -lol Yes I did the car fax with The Vin # And came back clean - OnStar - Yes it has OnStar - Used it both times to come save my ace.....LMAO Thanks all I can do at this point is laugh and yell...There is no in between. I agree with Jay I say it was the Ball Joint letting loose. It was NOT yet PA Inspected yet becuase I lIVE ON THE BOARDER OF Ohio, and only had it 2 days.....I have 30 days to get the pa inspection. BUT They did 100% guarentee to Pass PA Inspection. So looking forward to moving forwrad with a working HHR That actually works, and is safe for my family......
Old 09-23-2012, 06:57 PM

Ahh see here in Ontario, a safety inspection by a government certified technician is required before title transfer. You can transfer title without a safety certification, but the title is branded unfit and the car can't be driven on the road until it is certified and rebranded as fit.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member

Car Fax is only as good as what IS reported. And any incidents that are reported do not always show up ASAP.

Hope this is all yours needs for a long time
Old 09-24-2012, 07:44 PM

Got her back today - The day thry delivered it to me - on my ware home the cel came on - OnStar diags said cooling system failure. Took it back to them and dropped it off saturday morning. Got it back today - Monday and they flushed the cooling system, changed the thermostat, and the Service Manager supposably went over the entire car himself. So with that said all seems normal for now. It's going to be tough earningy trust with this HHR Just got to give it time to prove it's reliability, and dependability as I read in researching this cool little car. Happy to have her back, and looking forward to some road time.!!!!

Quick Reply: Our NEW (USED) Blue HHR LS