Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Passenger door not opening from inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 02:48 PM

Passenger door not opening from inside

So the other day, my brother-in-law and I made a parts run to procure some parts for an engine swap he's working on. At our first stop, the front passenger door opened without incident. At the second and subsequent stops, the door will not open from the inside (either I had to open it from the outside or he rolled the window down and opened it using the outside handle). I've been trying to research this and found this little guy. I'm not sure if that applies to my issue or not. I've pretty much completed all the troubleshooting steps in there, with no change to the situation. I'm guessing it's either the cable from the handle to the door, or the handle itself (which seems to be an expensive fix). Ideas? Do you think a dealer will perform a free TSB fix on it? It's a 2006 with about 48K miles on it.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Premium Member

He Dukie, If you have a great dealer maybe, but I doubt it. Where you hanging out, around Seattle??
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
He Dukie, If you have a great dealer maybe, but I doubt it. Where you hanging out, around Seattle??
Work in Bothell, live in Covington. When I had the dreaded "key in ignition" issue and had to replace my shift column, one of the dealers up in Shoreline was pretty good to me. Then again, I dealt with GM Customer Service since I didn't even have 36K miles on the car and it was 1 day out of warranty.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Premium Member

I get out that way, give me a wave when I go by!!! I have got good treatment from the Crew over at Jet, they did a few things for me and called it Dealer goodwill ! I'm guessing some fastener came loose in there.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
I get out that way, give me a wave when I go by!!! I have got good treatment from the Crew over at Jet, they did a few things for me and called it Dealer goodwill ! I'm guessing some fastener came loose in there.
You can't miss me. Daytona Blue with stickers on the rear quarter windows and some other stickers on the back window.

I did some preliminary looking and everything was there, tightened and appeared to be working properly which is why I'm boggled by it.