Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Power Steering loss.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 08:28 AM
geg

Some time ago I revived my wife's Ford - an empty battery. I pulled the wire, i fastened it to the Hippo, then the standard procedure.
When it was done, my power steering stopped showing signs of life.
I must say, a simple case - limited to replacing the fuse.
But I 2 days driving without power steering.
You'd be surprised, but I felt great pleasure. I remembered the young, while the Soviet cars not had power steering. God, while the top car had a heater and a glass nozzle with a rose on the shift knob. Even radio and right mirror - accessories for extra money.
But to the point:
I suggest you not to be afraid of the dead power steering.
Car without power steering is controlled as serviceable car. No better and no worse. Just more effort on the steering wheel. One can consider it as a fitness. In addition, efforts will be needed only for the vehicle is stationary or low speed. At a speed of 40 miles per hour wheel turns very easily as power steering is still alive.
Perhaps driving without power steering illegally in the United States. I do not know, you sometimes very strange laws. But if it is - of course obey the law and forget about my post.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Have you contacted the dealer to have the ignition parts ordered ? As stated before on this site, you have to have the parts ordered by your dealer per your cars VIN.
Not yet but I know I have to do that. I have all the recall docs that GM has sent out with my VIN so not concerned there.

Thanks for responding.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by geg
I suggest you not to be afraid of the dead power steering.
Car without power steering is controlled as serviceable car. No better and no worse. Just more effort on the steering wheel. One can consider it as a fitness.
It's my GF's car. Nuff said.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:48 AM
geg

Yes, this is true
However, I do not really decipher "GF". I have 2 versions: GF = girlfriend; GF = grandfather. But in both cases, the muscle strength deficit.
I wish you a quick and inexpensive solution to the problem.