Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Power windows quit...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 05:10 PM

Power windows quit...

2010 SS. Power windows stopped working suddenly. Sunroof works. 30A fuse is good. Window lock button does not light up when pressed.

Ideas?
Old 04-21-2015, 05:57 PM

Do ANY of the window switches work?

If the others work it's the switch or wiring. Maybe that's the wrong fuse? Fuse #36 under the hood, also the window RetainedAccessoryPower fuse #17 in the BCM fuse box (pass side, console). Also, the ground under the driver seat. There is also the RAP relay, on the BCM (I think).

If you need an Owners Manual, see the link in my sig.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Do ANY of the window switches work?

If the others work it's the switch or wiring. Maybe that's the wrong fuse? Fuse #36 under the hood, also the window RetainedAccessoryPower fuse #17 in the BCM fuse box (pass side, console). Also, the ground under the driver seat. There is also the RAP relay, on the BCM (I think).

If you need an Owners Manual, see the link in my sig.
I only checked #36 under the hood; wasn't aware of the BCM fuse box (!). Just went and checked the 2A RAP fuse, and it's good, as is the 30A power window fuse in the BCM fuse box.

None of the window switches is operational.

I'll look at the ground under the seat tomorrow, but I don't expect that to be an issue as nothing has been disturbed in that area. Can you point me to something that shows the location of the ground and what it looks like?

I've recently had the battery replaced and a new clutch kit and flywheel installed - but the windows worked for weeks afterward so I don't expect the repairs to be the cause of the issue.

I guess I should invest in a GM repair manual...
Old 04-21-2015, 07:43 PM
Banned

To add to this, I have an intermittent (mostly constant) unusable rear passenger side window... switch doesn't work on front or rear.. sometimes it will, has to be a blue moon though. Usually seems to after an oil change at the dealership.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:03 PM

The under hood fuse box must be disturbed to do the clutch work. There are also several grounds that must be disturbed.

Something may not have been re connected correctly and worked itself loose.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
The under hood fuse box must be disturbed to do the clutch work. There are also several grounds that must be disturbed.

Something may not have been re connected correctly and worked itself loose.
I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

I'm getting too old for this - I feel like I'd rather pay someone to find and fix it while I sip on my glass of Scotch. :)
Old 04-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by windsmith
I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

I'm getting too old for this - I feel like I'd rather pay someone to find and fix it while I sip on my glass of Scotch. :)
If you've got the means, then, by all means.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:15 PM

Hello windsmith,

I'm sorry to hear that your HHR's power windows aren't working! Though my team is unable to provide technical advice, we are happy to schedule a service appointment for you at a local Chevrolet dealership. If this interests you, please PM us with your VIN, current mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership. We can assist from there.

I look forward to your message.

Amanda K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-23-2015, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by LawDog88
To add to this, I have an intermittent (mostly constant) unusable rear passenger side window... switch doesn't work on front or rear.. sometimes it will, has to be a blue moon though. Usually seems to after an oil change at the dealership.
Hello LawDog88,

I'm very sorry to hear about your power windows. I understand you've brought your HHR to the dealership to have your oil changed, have you thought about having them look into this concern as well? My team and I are happy to help schedule a service appointment for you should you decide to pursue this. If interested, please PM us with your VIN, current mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership. If not, we certainly understand.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Amanda K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-25-2015, 11:46 AM

Ok, here's a follow up.

I've isolated the problem to the BCM, specifically the RAP relay. With the ignition on, I get no power to the 2A RAP power window fuse, nor the 30A power window fuse on the BCM, which are both fed by the RAP relay. I don't see the relay, so I'm guessing that it's on the back side of the module (driver side). I'm going to see if I can find some instructions on how to access the RAP relay, unless someone here can give me a pointer.

Quick Reply: Power windows quit...