Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Problem Pls Help, Clicking noise near Dvr frt

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:25 AM

Problem Pls Help, Clicking noise near Dvr frt

Hello,
New here and thanks for any help anyone can give.
I got a 08 SS, 5speed. The problem is there is a clicking noise coming from what sounds like the drivers front wheel area. At first I thought it might be the cv joint, but the sound only occurs while just taking off or when I am engine braking at slow speed. Usually cv's make noise when ****ing the wheel over to one side. Then I was thinking it is the wheel bearing, but dang the car is brand new. I took it in for the dealer to take a look at it. They kept my beloved ride for 3 days, and all they told me was it is a normal noise! They said the noise is caused in the standard transmission, and is a normal issue with this model. (sounds fishy to me)
The noise is pretty loud and it bugs the heck out of me. It sounds to me like something is broken or loose.

Could any one tell me if they heard of this issue?

Thanks much.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:40 PM

Nobody ever have the same problem?
Old 05-09-2009, 07:01 PM

Never noticed anything like that. Of course the predominant "clicking noise" that is constant is the direct injection due to the very high pressure involved. Not what you are talking about though.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:48 AM

I would go to another dealership and ask them to look at it. Wouldn't hurt
Old 05-10-2009, 10:32 AM

That's one thing to hate about Hawaii; not too many dealers to choose from... I've had problems with Servco Chevy/Toyota Dealer, where I bought the car from, ever since purchase day. I don't trust them. and the one other Chevy dealer I can think of on this island is not much better either. I think ill have to look around in the phone book for any others that I can go to. If any one is out there from Oahu watch yourself when you go to Servco! They will rip you off in a heartbeat!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:38 AM

same prob here

i have had the same problem since day one primarily i only hear it when coming off clutch when parking 1st or reverse just like a small click.
i am a tech myself and cant figure it out in 9 months it has not gotten any worse so i do not see any concern about it as of yet anyway
Old 05-10-2009, 12:26 PM

Yeah, That's the noise I am speaking of... At first it wasn't so noticeable, but now it's getting worse. (louder and more clicking) Sounds like something in there is loose or broken. When I took it to the dealer they said it is a normal noise. Man, I used to work at a shop and I never heard a sound like that coming from a car that didn't have something wrong with it.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:03 PM

its more then likely suspension bushing related next sat i will be gettin mine up on a lift at work anf look deeper into it ill let you know if i can come up with anything
Old 05-10-2009, 02:12 PM

You can try taking it to another GM dealer.... I know my local Pontiac/GMC/Buick dealer can work on HHRs because my mom's cousin is the service manager.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 AM

I had a clicking last week in the driver's side front. My rims had just been changed out. Figured the timing of it was that my brakes were going bad and the indicator was telling me so. Turns out that my lug nuts were not tight and the wheel was falling off. I torqued them down and it went away. May or may not be your problem, but check to be sure.

Quick Reply: Problem Pls Help, Clicking noise near Dvr frt