Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Radio is changing inputs

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 10:22 PM

Question Radio is changing inputs

Have you guys seen this one? My 07 has the typical CD/MP3 deck. I have noticed when the air is cool and humid, the radio inputs will jump around. I was playing an audiobook this morning on a cd and suddenly it switched to FM radio. I push the CD button and within 5 seconds it went back to radio. Then it went to AUX and back to CD. I powered off and back on and no help. I pushed the recirculate button to shut off outside air and then it settled down. I remember late last winter we had a cold foggy rainy night on my way home from work and it just flickered on and off changing inputs with the sound coming and going. It has been fine after that night until today. Any ideas?
Old 10-15-2013, 01:08 AM
Deceased

It sounds like a "cold solder" joint either in the faceplate or the radio head unit itself, you can send your head unit out for repair or replacement with a reconditioned unit.

I've used these folks at the link below over the years with good results....

http://replacementradios.com/

If you do go with a replacement unit, your dealer will have to "program" your HHR and radio to recognize each other before it will function. Programming can run $45-85.