Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Rear Bowtie

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 03:55 PM

Thiss is with strong soaps in drive through car washes and washer fluids used on the rear glass.

Only hand wash and never use my rear washer and have not had an issue. These strong fluids will damage the foil as it is not sealed.

I just changed mine out for Billet Aluminum emblems and love them. They matche the polished aluminum SS wheels.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:00 AM

I got a grill paint that matches my bike carrier. Dark gray wrinkled paint, it should last longer than the HHR will
Old 08-14-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Thiss is with strong soaps in drive through car washes and washer fluids used on the rear glass.

Only hand wash and never use my rear washer and have not had an issue. These strong fluids will damage the foil as it is not sealed.

I just changed mine out for Billet Aluminum emblems and love them. They matche the polished aluminum SS wheels.
Wrong hand wash never ever car wash. GM paint coats come off. Have you seen all the car on the roads from the 80's that was GM's first experience with base coat clear coat? Just plain LOW bid quality. I USE TO WORK FOR THEM OVER 30 YEARS. You are never right. And by the time they get it right ,they quit making it.