Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

remote start

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 09:38 AM

remote start

ok my used hhr i just bought does not have remote start and no it is not on the build sheet. ? is , has any body bought a aftermart type and put it on and is real happy with it . looking to buy lots out there. any good or bad ones to stay from? thanks for the info ahead of time. also I have a FOB that does not work so I also need to get it progmamed for the keys entry so mite as well get a aftermart remote start.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:59 AM

What year HHR do you have? If it is a 2010 or older most have the remote starter installed even though it is not on the build sheet,, If it was a Rental/fleet the build sheet does not show it ,but you need to mod the remote I believe and I read if you push the lock button with another button it will start,, Not sure what buttons on the FOB,, Try the search box,, Ill see what I can find , Im sure other's will chim in but it has been taked about a lot!
Old 05-25-2013, 12:01 PM

Here is 1 link with info
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...remote+starter
Old 05-25-2013, 01:09 PM

2010 is the year, it a LT1
Old 05-25-2013, 07:00 PM

I didn't think I had remote start. I had it for 2 months when someone said take your fob and from a distance, lock the doors then hit and hold the top button and joila it started. I was really surprised. It is worth a try if you haven't.

Boydie

Originally Posted by walkowg
ok my used hhr i just bought does not have remote start and no it is not on the build sheet. ? is , has any body bought a aftermart type and put it on and is real happy with it . looking to buy lots out there. any good or bad ones to stay from? thanks for the info ahead of time. also I have a FOB that does not work so I also need to get it progmamed for the keys entry so mite as well get a aftermart remote start.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:39 PM

right now my FOB does not work I think the lot I bought from last week gave me the wrong FOB. So i cant try until I get it progamed. It check out ok at autozone . That Why I thinf it need progamed to the car. Did your car show the option for remote start on the glove box. Also like the pic of your ride ,I could not find a panel to buy , so I got a 2010 LT
Old 05-25-2013, 10:10 PM

IF there is an option in the DIC for enabling remote start, you should be able to do the mod in the tutorial section.

I don't recall anyone mentioning installing aftermarket RS.

I do know from personal experience that you can fairly easily install aftermarket remote door lock. You just have to figure out what the directions are really saying, you do have to put a resistor in one of the wires. It does not interfere with the factory remote.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:57 AM

not there so that not going to work
Old 05-26-2013, 03:02 PM

As you apparently do not currently have any paired remotes, it might be prudent to purchase several and have them programmed all at once. I've had 3 remotes programmed and unfortunately did not realize until the Tech II work was finished that up to 4 can be in memory and since I did not request one of the originals (which I've never had possesion of) be removed; it remained active.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:17 PM

I have one to be done am going to get at least one more.

Quick Reply: remote start