Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Remote stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 12:26 PM

Remote stopped working

Hello All,

I know it’s been a long while that I’ve posted anything. Sorry for my absence. My remote stopped working. I replaced the battery and with the new battery it’s still not working. I looked all over the book and did a search on here if there is a way to resync or reboot the remote. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Michael
Old 11-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Founding Member

You probably need a new remote. A dealer has a tool to test your remote to see if it is sending out a signal.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:48 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
You probably need a new remote. A dealer has a tool to test your remote to see if it is sending out a signal.
Also, make sure to take all remotes w/ you to the dealer, in case they have to be reprogrammed.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:56 PM

No offense, but are you sure you didn't put the battery in backwards?
Old 11-26-2008, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Hello All,

I know it’s been a long while that I’ve posted anything. Sorry for my absence. My remote stopped working. I replaced the battery and with the new battery it’s still not working. I looked all over the book and did a search on here if there is a way to resync or reboot the remote. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Michael
Had the same issue with my remote. Of course when I took the back off the remote to change it the "clasp" that holds the battery in place was broken off. I took both remotes in and when they tried to reprogram it they couldn't the second remote (never used) also had a bad solder joint. They replaced both.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 PM

Hello All,
I know it’s been a long while that I’ve posted anything.
It's been four (4) months since your last post. I thought you pulled a Captain Howdy on us.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:58 PM

Me Too

Hello All,

Thanks,

Michael
Had the same problem so I took it to my mechanic after changing battery and he found that one of the weldings broke that hold it in place--I guess it needs that as a contact. Anyway, just using my second one after I dug it up.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:14 PM

Had the same problem with 1 of my remotes, broken solder joints on the circuit board ... replaced under warranty.

The 2nd fob had to be reprogrammed to operate and a scan tool had to be used to program it.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:35 AM

Mine just Died Yesterday, Of course our first Cold Snap of the year and i have no remote Start! Plus i only have one Key, when we moved i miss-placed the Spare and have yet to find it.

Dropping the Car off tomrrow Morning. Interesting Part is im getting a Rental.. I though this was a simple Fix? Or there just that busy with the First cold Snap.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:11 PM

One of mine just quit working too... Popped the back off and sure enough...
Damn battery holder let go. Arg!

Do the remotes lose memory if they're without battery for a while like a say a universal TV remote does?

Quick Reply: Remote stopped working