Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Remotes

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:50 PM

Remotes

Both of mine have the broken battery clip chingas. I am under my 3-36 and have 6-60 on the car as well. This is the second set - Now the ***** is locking it with the key. The key cylinder on the door is really flimsy - When I use the inside button to lock all doors, I cant open it with the key - without 264437 tries. Not gonna happen - Guess its back to the dealer again.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Platinum Member

I spray graphite in my lock cylinder, it works fine.

Also with manual button lock down, & key open.

Good luck on that..
Old 06-15-2011, 04:11 AM

I have had to replace both of my remotes under warranty since new year and a half ago. Both solder issues.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:56 AM

GM has crappy remotes, my '05 malibu remotes have always been a problem.
One never worked right, the other broke and was resoddered twice. And currently doesn't work again, I'm giving up on it.

They are so bad - go to Ebay there are guys that specifically repair GM remotes. Mail them off they sodder them and mail them back.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:36 AM

I bought a new one from a company in Arizona 3 years ago works great no problums cast about $49.00.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:05 AM

Dear HipHotRod,

I have read your post about your remotes and your key cylinder in your Chevrolet HHR. What is the year of your HHR? How many times have you had the vehicle into the dealership? How long have you been having to deal with this situation?

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-19-2011, 10:50 AM

2006 HHr FOB not unlocking

I have a 2006 HHr Lt, in may my fob stop unlocking my doors on and off, then in June it stop unlocking my doors period, it will lock my doors and start my car, but won't unlock it, I have replace the batteries in both fobs and still the same thing, the clip that holds the batteries in place, both have came out, I sent one of my fob to a place in Ill that fixes Fob, waiting for the return to see if it works again, and if it does, I will send my other fob there to be repaired, just wanted to add this, I had a eclipes for about ten years, the fob never stop working as long as I replace the batteries, what is wrong with American made products, is money that important that our companies have just found another way of making money, by saling ppls cheap products, to pad their pockets.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by JJBoxer1
I have a 2006 HHr Lt, in may my fob stop unlocking my doors on and off, then in June it stop unlocking my doors period, it will lock my doors and start my car, but won't unlock it, I have replace the batteries in both fobs and still the same thing, the clip that holds the batteries in place, both have came out, I sent one of my fob to a place in Ill that fixes Fob, waiting for the return to see if it works again, and if it does, I will send my other fob there to be repaired, just wanted to add this, I had a eclipes for about ten years, the fob never stop working as long as I replace the batteries, what is wrong with American made products, is money that important that our companies have just found another way of making money, by saling ppls cheap products, to pad their pockets.
One thing to note when removing/replacing the battery. You MUST take the circuit board out of the case and then gently PUSH the battery in/out, do not try to manipulate the cage at all!
Old 06-19-2011, 02:13 PM

I went to the dealer where I purchased my HHR complaining about my remotes. The guy behind the counter said "stop dropping the g_dd__ned things". He had me pegged. They did replace one of my remotes for free.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:18 PM

i have re soldered both of my remotes and they worked great for about a month when the one i was using quit working again. when i opened it up the solder was fine and when i resoldered them a month before i put fresh batteries in. they are pieces of crap. nobody pays almost 30k for a car that you can't lock/unlock the doors with a button.

well they pay it but they damn sure aren't happy about it

Quick Reply: Remotes