Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Remotes

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by urbexHHR
Huh? Contacts to the battery? What?
The "rubber" pad's contact points can wear out over time - see this for a process I used to fix both of my remotes. Total cost about $3 (for the tube of silicone adhesive) -
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/repair-key-fob-remotes-worn-out-contacts-30813/
Old 06-27-2011, 01:53 PM

Dear urbexHHR,

According to the information that is in the owner's manual for the 2006 Chevrolet HHR, it looks as though you would have to take the new key fobs into the dealership so they can be paired up with the transponder in the car.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-27-2011, 03:12 PM

Yes, Michelle is correct.

For the contact points wearing out I used aluminum tape with a paper punch to make the circles.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Dear urbexHHR,

According to the information that is in the owner's manual for the 2006 Chevrolet HHR, it looks as though you would have to take the new key fobs into the dealership so they can be paired up with the transponder in the car.

Sincerely,
Ok, thanks Michelle! I hadn't had time yet to look it up in my manual yet. Thank you!

I'm guessing it's not the contacts since it worked fine before I opened it...and then in a matter of 1 minute it quit working ever since... Oh well. I suppose I only use one key at a time!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by urbexHHR
I have one fob that doesn't work anymore. Well, intermittently it will work, and it's not the battery. When the battery died, I replaced it. That's when the problem started. Put a different battery in thinking it was bad, nothing. Checked the solder, it was fine. The tabs aren't bent that hold the battery, and everything looks ok?! I have no idea what else could be. I suppose I'll only have 1 fob now for my car since my only other choice would be to buy a new one (or eBay) and have it reprogrammed. Or can you reprogram it yourself?
Urbex I have an 2006 HHr LT and my FOB went out too, I found this place on Ebay, it cost me $18.00 to repair my FOB, the company clean, solder, and replace my case, I got it back this past Saturday, and its workd great, this is the name of the company (Midwest Keyless) their website is ekeylessremote.com, that is if you want to spend $18.00 vs $80.00 at the dealers.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JJBoxer1
Urbex I have an 2006 HHr LT and my FOB went out too, I found this place on Ebay, it cost me $18.00 to repair my FOB, the company clean, solder, and replace my case, I got it back this past Saturday, and its workd great, this is the name of the company (Midwest Keyless) their website is ekeylessremote.com, that is if you want to spend $18.00 vs $80.00 at the dealers.
I'll check that out! Thanks!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:57 PM

after i resoldered the remotes I had one that the lock button would not work I found this repair kit and it work great. Its keylessfix.com cost 10.00 Its just plastic and sets ontop of the circut board and restores the contacts.
Attached Images
Old 06-27-2011, 09:39 PM

PM sent and.....

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Dear HipHotRod,

Thank you for the additional information about your situation. If you don't mind, I would like to look into this further. However, in order for me to proceed I will need additional information which I will send you a private message about this.

Sincerely,

I for one, think it's really cool that Michelle is cruzing our forum! - Thank you Michelle for being an advocate. I appreciate you and your interest.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:58 AM

Dear HipHotRod,

You are very welcome. I did receive your private message.

I am happy to be on the forums with all of you.

Please, don't hesitate to contact me with questions and/or concerns.

Sincerely,
Old 06-28-2011, 11:22 AM

Dear urbexHHR,

You are very welcome. Please, don't hesitate to contact me with questions and/or concerns.

Sincerely,

Quick Reply: Remotes