Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Remotes

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 03:29 PM

I got a call from GM......neato

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Dear HipHotRod,

You are very welcome. I did receive your private message.

I am happy to be on the forums with all of you.

Please, don't hesitate to contact me with questions and/or concerns.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

No one can accuse GM of being impolite - they are overly sweet and nice, almost patronizing. Ok, so I get the call from a lady with a heavy accent - I am listening very hard at this point. We both discern that the remotes will not be an issue and that the rattles are just going to stay there - Im ok with that after all it is a small GM car. Then we discuss the trans issue. As I was explaining, I got the "uh huh uh huh" yea yea yea" response - she was obviously multi-tasking. Asked when I was going to bring it back to the dealer. I asked for what, she said the trans issue - I says no codes, its been there 3 times already why would I bring it back there? Then I got " what do you want us to do to resolve this " FIX THE CAR? I says". This is why I wont buy another GM car. First and last for me. Im supposed to drive this car as it gets worse and eventually leaves me stranded. THEN a code will be thrown hopefully and they can tell me the part is on backorder forever. Nah - I'll keep it til November at least.

Im supposed to take off a day to take it elsewhere? Nah - they can come and get it.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
No one can accuse GM of being impolite - they are overly sweet and nice, almost patronizing. Ok, so I get the call from a lady with a heavy accent - I am listening very hard at this point. We both discern that the remotes will not be an issue and that the rattles are just going to stay there - Im ok with that after all it is a small GM car. Then we discuss the trans issue. As I was explaining, I got the "uh huh uh huh" yea yea yea" response - she was obviously multi-tasking. Asked when I was going to bring it back to the dealer. I asked for what, she said the trans issue - I says no codes, its been there 3 times already why would I bring it back there? Then I got " what do you want us to do to resolve this " FIX THE CAR? I says". This is why I wont buy another GM car. First and last for me. Im supposed to drive this car as it gets worse and eventually leaves me stranded. THEN a code will be thrown hopefully and they can tell me the part is on backorder forever. Nah - I'll keep it til November at least.

Im supposed to take off a day to take it elsewhere? Nah - they can come and get it.
Having been a 90% GM owner since my childhood days (dad had 3 Fords prior to starting a near lifelong loyalty to GM as well. He had a 59 Plymouth wagon that will live forever in family lore for unreliability & quirks - then we had a 64 Chevy wagon, 65 Chevy Wagon, 68 Chevy Wagon, seventies turbo Buick (ahead of its time), then a string of big Buicks along with a Chrysler Le baron Convertible. Then my start with a 63 Chevy Impala convertible, 68 GTO convertible, 73 Corvette, 78 Sunbird Coupe, 83 J2000 Hatchback, 2 Transport vans, 92 Saturn SL2, 2004 Staturn ION3, 86 Fiero GT,96 GMC Jimmy and a Fiat Spyder - now the new 2011 HHR 1LT).

Some of those were allegedly notorious for unreliability/service issues yet all but the Plymouth, Fiat and, thanks to that turbo, the one Buick were all rock solid - started and ran virtually everyday with only scheduled maintenance and repairs you'd expect as they mostly all got into the 150K+ mileage marks - some nearly 300K! So how is it that some people seem to get every bad GM made while ours show incredible reliability and long lives? It's a mystery to me. Meanwhile my brother, the must be contrary type, swears by - and often seemingly at - Fords. Yet he's replacing transmissions at 34K, always fighting terrible rust issues and other big $$ repairs that he calls "expected wear and tear". Sorry but my GM's haven' t needed engine rebuilds at 84K or total suspension redo's at 50K - it just doesn't happen!

GM's have been good to us and because of that we're loyal to them. This month my Dad also purchased a new big fully loaded Buick so they had at least two new car sales in June we know of. If they were as bad as the last post seemed to think believe me we wouldn't be buying yet two more new ones. We buy what works, has an affordable price tag and that is GM for us.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:08 PM

Yep

Originally Posted by timehhr2
Having been a 90% GM owner since my childhood days (dad had 3 Fords prior to starting a near lifelong loyalty to GM as well. He had a 59 Plymouth wagon that will live forever in family lore for unreliability & quirks - then we had a 64 Chevy wagon, 65 Chevy Wagon, 68 Chevy Wagon, seventies turbo Buick (ahead of its time), then a string of big Buicks along with a Chrysler Le baron Convertible. Then my start with a 63 Chevy Impala convertible, 68 GTO convertible, 73 Corvette, 78 Sunbird Coupe, 83 J2000 Hatchback, 2 Transport vans, 92 Saturn SL2, 2004 Staturn ION3, 86 Fiero GT,96 GMC Jimmy and a Fiat Spyder - now the new 2011 HHR 1LT).

Some of those were allegedly notorious for unreliability/service issues yet all but the Plymouth, Fiat and, thanks to that turbo, the one Buick were all rock solid - started and ran virtually everyday with only scheduled maintenance and repairs you'd expect as they mostly all got into the 150K+ mileage marks - some nearly 300K! So how is it that some people seem to get every bad GM made while ours show incredible reliability and long lives? It's a mystery to me. Meanwhile my brother, the must be contrary type, swears by - and often seemingly at - Fords. Yet he's replacing transmissions at 34K, always fighting terrible rust issues and other big $$ repairs that he calls "expected wear and tear". Sorry but my GM's haven' t needed engine rebuilds at 84K or total suspension redo's at 50K - it just doesn't happen!

GM's have been good to us and because of that we're loyal to them. This month my Dad also purchased a new big fully loaded Buick so they had at least two new car sales in June we know of. If they were as bad as the last post seemed to think believe me we wouldn't be buying yet two more new ones. We buy what works, has an affordable price tag and that is GM for us.
Glad you like them. Some people are lucky.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:52 PM

remote quik fix

i had the same issue with mine i took it a part and i took good scotch tape folded it over and then took small pieces of tin foil and adhered them to the rubber part and snap it back together now it works perfect here is a pic of the repair [IMG]C:\Users\george\Pictures\2011-07-06 my 06[/IMG]if u look under the galley me and moms 06 the pic is there