Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

rotate tires get error message

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 04:56 PM

Angry rotate tires get error message

Got a problem... I rotated my tires & ajusted air pressure, now I get message to service ESC. The car seems to have a drag & pulles to the left alittle. Is this something to do with air pressure sensers ? Or What ?
What the hell is this ? Is it something I can do to repair or should it go to the dealer?
Old 05-02-2013, 05:23 PM

Welcome to the forum!

I would check to see if you loosened up the abs sensor. It's a little wire that goes to the back of the hub and you should see a clip thing.... If they are all good, I'd say its probably a wheel speed sensor. Usually you have to replace the whole hub. That's my best guess
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 PM

Did you reset the DIC when you rotated the tires? Everything has to be reset!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 PM

Did you reset the TPMS positions? I think that's what Radco meant.
The procedure is in your Owner Manual, if you don't have one look here https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/online-owners-manual-3074/ .
Old 05-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member

I don't re-synch the TPMS when I rotate & never get that message.

I check all the tires pretty regularly, so the rest is just not something I bother with.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Did you reset the TPMS positions? I think that's what Radco meant.
The procedure is in your Owner Manual, if you don't have one look here https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3074 .
You are correct. I used the wrong wording lol.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:51 AM

I thought the TMPS had to be reset if you rotated or changed the tires !
Old 05-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Radco
I thought the TMPS had to be reset if you rotated or changed the tires !
When rotating the tires,You only have to reset the TPMS if you want it to read the correct tire to location on car.
I haven't reset mine the last couple of rotations. I just remember that the DIC or RPD display will be incorrect every other rotation. I rotate front/back, so the system will show front pressure readings for back tires and vice/versa.
The TPMS just picks up the 4 tire pressure signals. It doesn't know where they are unless you reset or "synch" them to location.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
When rotating the tires,You only have to reset the TPMS if you want it to read the correct tire to location on car.
I haven't reset mine the last couple of rotations. I just remember that the DIC or RPD display will be incorrect every other rotation. I rotate front/back, so the system will show front pressure readings for back tires and vice/versa.
The TPMS just picks up the 4 tire pressure signals. It doesn't know where they are unless you reset or "synch" them to location.
Thanks for the well explained info!
Old 05-04-2013, 02:48 PM

But, that all changed in 2010. If you rotate without changing the TPMS position you get an error. Of course you also have to pay for a special tool to reset the positions now. That's why I pointed the OP to an Owner Manual.

Got any of the other GM fan sites and look for the "I rotated my tires" questions, and that's for newer vehicles that come with Owner Manuals in the glove box.

Quick Reply: rotate tires get error message