Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Running Boards/Sand Blasting

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Ern

Well my dad talked to the dealership yesterday and they told them that the only thing they can do is repaint the area 1 time. The dealership told me they sent my pics and info into somewhere but im not exactly sure where. Im going to go up there on monday or tuesday and talk to them and see what they will tell me. If they dont bug does anyone have any other routes to take or a number to call?
Old 09-29-2007, 11:15 AM

call chevy cust care 1-800-222-1020 explain them what s going on & don't stop until they offer to pay for the instlation & painting the boards that what they offered me but I still payed for the boards but tell the dealer you want the primed ones & that you are only willing to pay 425 + tax thats what I payed.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:46 PM

Ok guys.... Do we revive the big lonnnnnnnnng thread for the newbies on this thread?

Ok, I will help
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...=runningboards
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...=runningboards
Old 09-29-2007, 02:28 PM

The body shop manager and my dealer looked at the sides and said he had to talk to the general manager first and then the GM would have to talk to the Chevy rep for the area before they could do anything. They had a copy of the TSB, but said they had to jump through these hoops first. Sounds kind of stupid to me. Anyway, we discussed doing the painting and then applying some of the clear shield material that they have on the 2008's and I said I would pay for that, but I would like them to ask GM to pay for it. I further stated that if they would not do anything, I would call GM personally and then broadcast it on numerous websites that they were not following their own TSB. I also discussed some of the other ways some dealers had handled the issue including putting on the boards for free or a greatly reduced price. I stated that I really did not want the boards, but would rather have some kind of protective coating.

The body shop manager called me back the other day and said that the GM rep has decided that GM would not pay for my damage because I did not have running boards on the car. What??? He then said that they would only pay for the repainting if I would install the running boards and then they would pay half of everything to do that, so my total cost will be $315. He then said the boards cost $495 plus labor to install. I was pretty busy at the time, so I told him to give me a couple of days to stew about it and I would let him know.

I then wondered why would they make a statement requiring the running boards on a 2006 model when they are still selling new cars to dealers without the boards. This dealer had 4 new 2008 models on his lot without boards. Anyway, I will probably have it done just to be done with it.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Ern

Looks like the im getting nothing. Next step I took was to see if the dealership themselves will meet us half way on this deal. If not im calling customer service till they threaten to have me arrested.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:30 PM

the dealer won't do anything you best bet is to go through cust. service