Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Service advisor called... blown headgasket :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 PM

Service advisor called... blown headgasket :(

well I recieved a call today from the dealer who is trying to find out why my hhr keeps overheating and they informed me that I have a blown head gasket and a warped head. I asked if thats why the car keeps overheating and they said no... its colateral damage from the most recent overheating episode. They proceded to say they dont know why it keeps overheating but assures me that they will continue to work with GM and try to find the problem. They expect the new head to arrive by monday, but there is no telling when i will get it back. I guess I'll continue to drive the dodge that they put me in.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:35 PM

Yikes!!...a Dodge, that's just not right.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:22 PM

Could be worse....My brother's rental while his HHR is in the shop is a PT Cruiser....what a horrible feeling car. About 2 minutes after we picked it up we both looked at each other and were like "I hate this car".
Old 04-17-2009, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Daddy4life85
Could be worse....My brother's rental while his HHR is in the shop is a PT Cruiser....what a horrible feeling car. About 2 minutes after we picked it up we both looked at each other and were like "I hate this car".
yea.... enterprise rental tried that on me.... when he pulled up with that i just looked at him as said "ur kidding right" . to make a long story short... he grabed another vehicle.....
Old 04-17-2009, 05:34 AM

What's your status of getting the car returned under the lemon law. This certainly can not bode well for GM's side of the story?
Old 04-17-2009, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by 09 Panel
What's your status of getting the car returned under the lemon law. This certainly can not bode well for GM's side of the story?
well the status of the lemon law is I filed the paperwork with austin and waiting on the abritation meeting to be set up. On a side note, my attorney has filed a lawsuit against GM. GM requested a release of lien paper 2 days ago so I guess they are finally taking me serious.... It only took them what.... 6 months... Anyways, when I went to the dealer today the new head arrived this morning and they had already installed it. Thet are waiting on a new radiator cap and neck and new lifters, ETA is about 5 days. So looks like I'll b in the rental at least another full week. I asked the tech what keeps causing it to overheat and his response was... I REALLY DONT KNOW BUT IT HAS A CASE OPEN WITH GM AND IM WORKING WITH THE ENGINEERS AT GM TRYING TO FIGAURE IT OUT. I'm assuming GM must be geting tired of paying rental @ 37.00 + tax , if I remember correctly Ive been in a rental a total of 59 days.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by jmarines
well I recieved a call today from the dealer who is trying to find out why my hhr keeps overheating and they informed me that I have a blown head gasket and a warped head. I asked if thats why the car keeps overheating and they said no... its colateral damage from the most recent overheating episode. They proceded to say they dont know why it keeps overheating but assures me that they will continue to work with GM and try to find the problem. They expect the new head to arrive by monday, but there is no telling when i will get it back. I guess I'll continue to drive the dodge that they put me in.
I always thought that the replacement vehicle was supposed to be a GM product.
Hope your problem gets resolved soon.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:40 PM

You should ask at minimum for GM to pay two months; Lease, or purchase payment, or if you own it 2/60ths of the full MSRP or what you paid , whatever is greatest. If you keep it, that repair should be covered forever.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 AM

some how i think a set of brand new heads would shove the problem with all new water pump and rad.. porshce was the best at this kinda stuff i used to see complete eng. come flywheel to wires come on a platite am hopping you the best
Old 04-18-2009, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cokeybill
I always thought that the replacement vehicle was supposed to be a GM product.
normally that is true but enterprise didnt have any GM products available

Quick Reply: Service advisor called... blown headgasket :(