Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Service survey bribe

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
Yes. All dealership pay plans are based on them now. And people lose their jobs over low survey scores. But you still have to EARN it not BUY it.

Dealerships that have bad satisfaction scores can lose hundreds of thousands of dollars from GM because of it. And I am talking 6 figure loses!

If you aren't completely satisfied then don't fill the survey out that way.

On the other hand if you are then fill it out and send it in. You will find that by doing that, the service even gets better and better because a lot of people say they are happy but never turn them in. So the ones that do fill them out and send them in will naturally be appreciated more. Our service department performs warranty work on over 800 vehicle a month, but only get back 60-90 surveys a month. And we have the highest survey return rate in our area.

But don't lie for a bad dealer, it helps nobody!

Helpful Information:
When you have a repair that is in that gray area of is it or isn't it a covered repair, tell them you will score the survey completely satisfied if they will help you. Nothing wrong with showing your appreciation if they help out and do a good job of it.
Seems like the pressure to get a good review on their survey is really high.
After every visit w/ the Dealer, They always ask if everything was fine and that they'll be sending me a survey. No problem there, but what they said implied that they wanted a excellent score on the survey.. No explanation kind of left it like that which kind of left me speechless. Now I kind of understand why.

I have actually no problems with their service and give them a good markups on the survey
Old 06-01-2008, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
I guess GM doesn't care what you write, it is what you mark
I think they do.

I had a 2001 Malibu which was a major POS - only car I ever owned that had to have an engine replaced.

Anyway, every time I took it in to get something repaired/replaced, I graded the work the dealership did to fix it as completely satisfied but wrote in the comments area something that basically equated to "GM should be embarassed by the lack of quality of this vehicle".

After 4 repair surveys, they stopped sending them to me.

Even when I had the 2003 Malibu (much better car), I didn't get any surveys. It wasn't until I got the HHR that the surveys started again.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:10 AM
Founding Member

Here is the process of who gets a survey.

1) Sales survey after purchase of NEW vehicle.
2) No service surveys during the first 60 days of ownership.
3) After the first service survey, you can't receive another service survey for 90 days
4) Maximum of 3 service surveys during a 12 month period.
5) Sales and Service surveys are sent only to new car purchasers. No used car owners receive any surveys.
6) Surveys are sent on any warranty repair during 3 year 36K warranty.
7) After the 3/36 warranty expires only Emission Warranty and Diesel Warranty repairs receive surveys.

It has not been determined yet if a survey will be sent during the new power train warranty repairs.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:18 AM

I still have the mail in survey from buying my 2008, wanted to make sure all issues were addressed before sending it in. is there a time limit on when they effective?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:28 AM

not only would I NOT play along with that manager's bribe...I would REPORT that manager's attempted BRIBE on your survey.

that's just me. Morals...sure...but nothing frosts me more than a dealership who tries to swindle, then sweep it under the rug.

hit 'em where it hurts.

My survey went well.
1) I wouldnt go to the dealer for repairs anyway, so it was ALL sales dept.
2)the salesman was the only one out of 4 who showed interest in helping me
3)he had it easy...I knew which car I wanted, and how much it was going to cost-all I needed to do was drive it first.
4)he still treated me like I was a new customer, and as if his job depended on it
5)he offered the vehicle for about $400 less than originally quoted, and apologized that the detail dept couldnt detail the car right then since it was 5:00pm New Year's Eve, and they had to let them go home...I was fine with that-car was clean, and I detail better than they ever could anyway-they gave me a free oil change coupon instead, and like I said, $400 less than quoted.

you bet your bacon they got a thumbs up survey from me. then even the sales manager mailed me a letter of thanks...typed(not a form letter) and hand signed....I called him and thanked him for that too.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:21 AM

Well, I got my GM new purchase survey in the mail on Friday.

I had to have a new fuel pump during week 1, and next week my buggy
goes in for front brake noise and a new rear bowtie.

I will wait until after that visit before filling out the paperwork.

Thanks to the folks at this site, I now know what is, and is not, acceptable.

Cajun
Old 06-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Founding Member

If the survey is not received back to GM 30 days from the date they mailed it, it will not count. So don't hold on to it too long.

I would also think that since there aren't any service related questions on it except qustion 8B (satisfaction with operation of vehicle), you would want to fill it out based on your purchase experience at the time of delivery. You can also add any comments on service issues in the comment section. Just my 2¢.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:52 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I would also think that since there aren't any service related questions on it except qustion 8B (satisfaction with operation of vehicle), you would want to fill it out based on your purchase experience at the time of delivery. You can also add any comments on service issues in the comment section. Just my 2¢.
ChevyMgr beat me to it. I just got mine too. This isn't a service survey... it's the buy process survey.

Now you have 4¢
Old 06-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by XXL
ChevyMgr beat me to it. I just got mine too. This isn't a service survey... it's the buy process survey.

Now you have 4¢
It's nice to have ¢,
Old 06-07-2008, 07:44 PM

Good points there regarding the survey...thanks for the input.

Did a bunch (few) mods today. Splash guards, radio buttons, painted drums, etc...

Will post pics after I figure out how to do it.....LOL

Cajun

Quick Reply: Service survey bribe