Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

So pissed. Key stuck in "run" position

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by BigBeefer
Thats because first model years have always been notorious for problems and defects. It usually takes a few years to get all the bugs and quirks out of a vehicle platform. I will never buy a first model year car, unfortunately way too many people have to pay the price of being the first to own.
Well, I agree to an extent. The amount of problems I have had is rediculous. My 03 accord was a 1st model year and had a few problems, but significantly less than this car. After the warranty expired, I had 2 trouble free years before we traded it in on our Ford.

But, now I have cooled off a bit since it was fixed so quickly, and I still really enjoy the HHR. I really can't find anything else that has the combination of great styling, decent fuel economy, and utility.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:18 AM

Did they tell you to reduce the number of keys on your key ring? That has always been the recommendation when the cylinder fails. Unfortunately, it has failed in many different model cars.

Glad you got it resolved!
Old 05-31-2008, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Did they tell you to reduce the number of keys on your key ring? That has always been the recommendation when the cylinder fails. Unfortunately, it has failed in many different model cars.

Glad you got it resolved!
Actually, I had alread reduced the amount of weight on my keychain once the first lock cylinder had problems. The heaviest thing on my whole set of keys originally was the keychain that the dealer gave us. It has a huge+heavy metal decorative piece with their name on it. I removed that keychain when the first cylinder started going out to reduce the weight. What I have on my keychain now is my car keys+fob, keys to our other car+keyfob, house key, and key to our shed. I have my mess of work keys on another keychain and always have.