Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Sudden Unintended Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 AM

Interesting first post......

Sorry, but I will call BS on the story. Just seems to "made up". But maybe that's just me.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:54 AM

Car & driver tested this:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...tion-tech_dept

The only car that they couldn't completely stop with a fully open throttle was a 540 HP Roush Mustang because the brakes got too hot.

It's safe to say that most cars have strong enough brakes to stall an engine.

Yves
Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by 2blue
She left tire marks from the front wheels spinning trying to go and the rear wheels locked up trying to stop. Now, why did this happen?
Interesting first post but I have to call BS on this also. I haven't been able to overcome the front brakes on my HHR while apply the gas and giving'r-the-onions at least not to the point of laying out rubber. A SS HHR maybe different but I don't think your average HHR is gonna be able to do it.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Everybody is going to criticize me about this BUT,

I believe in the OP's story like I believe that pigs can fly (yeah I saw the pictures already).

Of course, it is his daughter TELLING HIM how the accident occurred
I'm with Snoopy on this one.... The OP has all of 1 posts and this dramatic incident in which several of the "facts" seem to defy the physics of automotive mechanics?

OP, do you work for Toyota?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM

I'm gonna hafta join the ruling on BS. I think it was human error also.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 AM

I too am smelling the putrid essence of bovine fecal matter and long for a hit of Febreze.

First thing I did when the Toyota pandemic hit the news was take my HHR out onto the two-lane blacktop and attempt to stop it from various speeds at 10-mph increments with wide-open-throttle. It stopped every single time. There is no way a FWD car can have the brakes engaged so fully as to leave treadmarks with the rear wheels whilst the fronts are laying down rubber. No. Frakking. Way.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rooney
I too am smelling the putrid essence of bovine fecal matter and long for a hit of Febreze.
What a wordsmith!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:20 AM

In the case of Toyota, I do believe it's possible. It is some type of mechanical, electronically, or computer error. It's not normal, and it seldom happens, so that's why they can't replicate it.

However, beings that the HHR does not have the same components, and not even made by the same manufacturer, I highly doubt it. Kinda like when you read a medical book, all of a sudden you have every disease.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
In the case of Toyota, I do believe it's possible. It is some type of mechanical, electronically, or computer error. It's not normal, and it seldom happens, so that's why they can't replicate it.

However, beings that the HHR does not have the same components, and not even made by the same manufacturer, I highly doubt it. Kinda like when you read a medical book, all of a sudden you have every disease.
Sort of like a "hypo-car-driac"?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 AM

I'm with ya on the bad air quality seepin' from the O P. If the post count were larger that say.....10.... i might be thinkin' one of ya'll broke wind......
100?......... could be......

Quick Reply: Sudden Unintended Acceleration