Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Tire Sensor Service light / message

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:30 PM

I'm i understanding you correctly you get the yellow light but all the psi reading for each tire is showing correctly?
Old 04-03-2014, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by jarheadbobandmax
all I'm getting is the yellow tire symbol and the message "SERVICE TIRE SENSOR"
Frankly I will be swapping out rims for the summer and not running sensors at all and I would really just like to remove that program all together.. drove for forty years without them..
from what I have found you can not remove the program
but I am interested in doing away with it also
Old 04-04-2014, 06:32 AM

"There ought to be a law."

If you remove the sensors the light will not go out EVER, until the LED finally burns out in the year 2121.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky
I'm i understanding you correctly you get the yellow light but all the psi reading for each tire is showing correctly?
yes all the tires are at the correct inflation in fact just above the mark..
Old 04-05-2014, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
"There ought to be a law."

If you remove the sensors the light will not go out EVER, until the LED finally burns out in the year 2121.
Remove the LED.....
Old 04-05-2014, 03:27 PM

Try it, see if it's worth your trouble.

LEDs are switches connected to the BCM (the computer). And they are SMT (Surface Mount), I'm sure. A heck of lot easier and cheaper to just fix the problem and comply with the "stupid" law.

I say "stupid" because the law is there because so many people are too stupid to be able to check their tires. Ford SUVs+Firestone tires is the cause of the law.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:44 PM

Try it, see if it's worth your trouble.

LEDs are switches connected to the BCM (the computer). And they are SMT (Surface Mount), I'm sure. A heck of lot easier and cheaper to just fix the problem and comply with the "stupid" law.

I say "stupid" because the law is there because so many people are too stupid to be able to check their tires. Ford SUVs+Firestone tires is the cause of the law.
Pardon my ignorance the sensors are mandatory and illegal to remove?
Old 04-05-2014, 06:19 PM

Well, they are mandatory safety equipment. You can remove them, but selling the car may be a challenge.

I guess you have to be over 40 years old now to remember Ford & Firestone almost going out of business on account of soccer moms never checking their tires. There is a law now.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:50 PM

Well, they are mandatory safety equipment. You can remove them, but selling the car may be a challenge.

I guess you have to be over 40 years old now to remember Ford & Firestone almost going out of business on account of soccer moms never checking their tires. There is a law now.
Actually ford and Firestone came into a problem of buying in mass orders placing "new" yet old warehoused tires that had gone outside the "expiration date on their new cars. New tires only have a shelf life of 13 months uninstalled and cannot be sold after that date as new .. must be pulled from inventory..
Old 04-05-2014, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by jarheadbobandmax
Actually ford and Firestone came into a problem of buying in mass orders placing "new" yet old warehoused tires that had gone outside the "expiration date on their new cars. New tires only have a shelf life of 13 months uninstalled and cannot be sold after that date as new .. must be pulled from inventory..
WRONG!!!!!! the manufacturers inflation recommendations were not followed by Soccer Mom. The tires needed to be inflated to the proper PSI or they would explode causing a roll over. In almost every instance it was shown that at least one tire was under inflated, maybe caused by "old rubber" I don't care. IF there had been TPMS a life could have been saved.

Maybe you are talking about a different highway death problem than I am.

After that, somebody mused "there oughtta be a law" And there was one created.

Quick Reply: Tire Sensor Service light / message