Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Tire Sensor Service light / message

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 08:16 PM

Okay Ford didn't use allot of old tires and dam to hell the neglectful Soccer Moms...
Old 04-05-2014, 08:47 PM

I don't think I said that.

Fact: Most of the Roll Over deaths were Soccer Moms,
Fact: Most of them were because of under inflation.
Fact: Even today many of the posts you read about the TPMS systems are about "why is the light on".
Fact: People in general DO NOT check their Tires, or care about the pressure (period).

Fact:There is a LAW about TPMS on cars because of the Ford/Firestone thing (period).
Fact: Any mandated safety equipment must be operational if you sell a car (period).
Fact: In most states all mandated safety equipment must be operational in order to pass safety inspection standards.

I personally don't care about TPMS, I rotate and inspect my tires monthly and check the pressure daily (using the TPMS). I drive at least 1,000 miles a week. I am just stating facts here.

I don't remember hearing about the cause of the under inflation, but if there was a warning that somebody noticed, deaths could have been avoided. NO matter the cause!

If you don't like the facts, I am sorry (period). Change them if you can, please.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:21 PM

Fact: Any mandated safety equipment must be operational if you sell a car (period).
Fact: In most states all mandated safety equipment must be operational in order to pass safety inspection standards.

Was simply amused over "soccer mom's" being singled out, personally know nothing about the case and this is the first car I've owned with sensors.. I was just told by our local tire shop the reason most shops limit the size of inventory is due to the thirteen month lifespan for unsold inventory and it grew out of the case..
I will have to take the panel back to the dealer I just purchased it from and have him replace the sensors since the light came on the day I picked it up..
Old 04-05-2014, 09:28 PM

You were not an adult in the 90's then. Everybody (that cared) knew about it then.

I forget that not everybody is over 30, or 40, or 50, or 60......
Old 04-05-2014, 09:45 PM

I don't want to get between you two so back to the tpm problem.

Did you know you can read the tire psi from the dash? If your light is on then one or more tires should be reading low or show --- on the dash read out if they all are showing good on the dash then you may need the reflash for the controller. Or you may try dis one ting the battery for a few minutes to reset the controllers.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:54 PM

By the time the ninety's rolled around I had served two tours in the Marines and well into my post service career, didn't concern me I neither drove a Ford or rolled on Firestone tires..Do you recall a little thing called Beirut in 83.. many people can't remember that we were even there or the Marines lost..Sad events and death happen all the time, some people care , some obsess and then time corrects itself. I'm sorry if you lost or knew a person involved.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky
I don't want to get between you two so back to the tpm problem.

Did you know you can read the tire psi from the dash? If your light is on then one or more tires should be reading low or show --- on the dash read out if they all are showing good on the dash then you may need the reflash for the controller. Or you may try dis one ting the battery for a few minutes to reset the controllers.
my dash just reads service tire monitor , I've disconnected the battery twice for more than four hours each time and as soon as I get two blocks down the road it begins to flash then go solid and the message switches to the service tire monitor.. a couple times the message switch briefly to "possible icy conditions" then right back ...no where near icy conditions at the time.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member

Hmm. Sounds like either the BCM is acting up or maybe even the control unit in the DIC(digital information center)
Old 04-05-2014, 10:32 PM

OK, we can do that.
My dad did 33 years, 3 wars from 1943-1976, recruit to Lt.C. I was born on Camp Pendleton, my brother was born at Bethesda Navy. I was 26 when he retired as the Inspector General USMC. I personally knew the first "advisor" that got killed as a door gunner in a Huey. My next door neighbor was a Bataan survivor. The other next door neighbor survived Chosin Reservoir (sp?). I was 1A in 1971 #39, physical in January 1971 (flunked, could barely walk because the Navy Hospital could not diagnose and treat my illness when I was 12). The father of my Great Grand children served as an ATV driver in the first Gulf War.

None of that means anything. The only people that know any of that just read it.

People died because they could/would not check the air pressure in their tires, a law was made so that would no longer be an excuse. It was a liability thing.

Sorry, you got me at a bad time. Thank you for your service, I could not and did not serve. Many stars in windows in my neighborhood. I live very close to Quantico.