Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Traction Control Light/Service ESC on DIC

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 08:51 AM

Traction Control Light/Service ESC on DIC

I was crusing through town yesterday when to my dismay, there was a service message on my DIC ,and the "Traction Control Off" icon appeared. The car drove fine, just as before. No loss of power, no hard shifts,ect. I checked for DTC's on my Scangauge, but no codes were showing. Twice last night I disconected the battery, then reconnected and drove around the block. Both times the event occured again(within a 1/2 mile of driving). So I packed it in for the night, and decided to go to the dealership bright and early this morning. I don't like getting hassels about after market equipment, so before I warmed the car up I removed the Jet Stage 2 module from the ECM. Low and behold! no more warnings of impending doom, and needless to say, no trip to the dealer. I drove the car for about 20 miles on the interstate and on a secondary road and still no lights and ding-dinging of bells. I'll have to see if this is permenant, (the JET module went to the trash dump!)
Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2011, 12:28 PM

What exactly is/was that Jet module supposed to do? Especially on a vehicle that can be tuned within it's own ECM? I do my own (on my 05 GTO-I've never tuned my wife's 06 HHR) but I would think a proper tune would probably cost less than that module did and, done right, it wouldn't throw any codes.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:37 PM

2 years ago when it was given to me as a gift( my car is an 08) , it was supposed to "give better performance, by unlocking the 2.4L true potential". I did notice that the car didn't downshift as much on slight inclines, but there wasn't any massive horsepower/torque gains. Oh and yea, it was supposed to make the monthly payments for me AND make the car run the 1/4 mile in under 10.0 sec. Right now I'd love to hunt down the owner of that company and give him a hot coffee enema. WITH CREAM!
Old 01-29-2011, 05:26 PM

Well, at least you paid what it's worth (IMO).