Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Transmission issues...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 PM

hmmm....funny, my car is in right now for the thermostat and he said the airflow sensor is bad too.....
Old 08-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JPerrydore
Turned out to be a faulty mass air flow sensor. No CEL though. But apparently that was the problem. I went for a decent drive tonight to see if it was still there and it seems just fine.

It was covered under warranty.
Well. I guess I was thinking in the right direction with my post above. Glad to hear you got it fixed and under warranty to. Guess it's time to take a look at mine now.(been parked the last couple days)
Thanks for the update JPerrydore.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Well. I guess I was thinking in the right direction with my post above. Glad to hear you got it fixed and under warranty to. Guess it's time to take a look at mine now.(been parked the last couple days)
Thanks for the update JPerrydore.
No problem. That would explain why on rainy days some people are experiencing similar issues. The moisture can mess with the sensor.

I honestly should of known, I had a similar problem with my old Nissan Altima. Had the MAF changed 3 times before they got it right.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:51 PM

I am glad your HHR was taken care of under warranty and you are no longer having that scary experience as you are traveling down the highway. Please, don't hesitate to contact me in the future with comments, questions and/or concerns.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JPerrydore
No problem. That would explain why on rainy days some people are experiencing similar issues. The moisture can mess with the sensor.

I honestly should of known, I had a similar problem with my old Nissan Altima. Had the MAF changed 3 times before they got it right.
Well I guess "the plot thickens" in my case. I don't drive my car in the rain or on rainy days. I take my work truck on those days.
But, I do live in a very humid area here along the Gulf Coast. So in my case maybe it's just a humidity thing.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:56 PM

Well i got my HHR back from the dealership after they replaced the MAF sensor......and the tranny issue is gone.....tried talking to the tech about it and he didnt know what to say.....
Old 08-09-2012, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Well I guess "the plot thickens" in my case. I don't drive my car in the rain or on rainy days. I take my work truck on those days.
But, I do live in a very humid area here along the Gulf Coast. So in my case maybe it's just a humidity thing.
Very well could be the high humidity causing the issue. I just think it's dumb that a faulty sensor like that doesn't throw a CEL or something to let you know it's bad.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyM84
i have an 08 2.4 2LT and i have a problem with mine.....it feels like it surges when it goes into a high gear.....torque converter was replace awhile back and it seemed to get better but its back now.....
Thank you for taking the time to share the update about your HHR. I am very happy for you about the vehicle being back to normal. Please, keep in mind if the dealership has used genuine GM parts there should be a 12 month or 12,000 miles, whichever happens first, warranty on this work.

Would you mind if I checked back with you in a couple of weeks to see how things are going?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
Thank you for taking the time to share the update about your HHR. I am very happy for you about the vehicle being back to normal. Please, keep in mind if the dealership has used genuine GM parts there should be a 12 month or 12,000 miles, whichever happens first, warranty on this work.

Would you mind if I checked back with you in a couple of weeks to see how things are going?

Yes i'd like if you did that. Thank you. as of now the surging is back but not as frequent.