Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Underhood fuses loose/popped out

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:07 AM

Underhood fuses loose/popped out

Greetings,

I was hoping to find the original posted topic on this but I had no luck.

Someone posted that their fuses were loose in their underhood fuse box. I wanted to say with absolute certainty that this is an issue. We were just on vacation and we were towing a trailer which of course pushed the back end down a little, apparently just enough for LOTS of people going the opposite direction to think we had our high beams on.

Of course it was dark so these people couldn't know the truth of the matter so many of them high beamed us because of it. Usually I like to "teach them a lesson" by high-beaming them back or at the very least, show them that I was not high-beaming them but inexplicably my high beams weren't working at all! I come to find the next morning that my high beam relay had worked itself completely loose! Further, most of the little fuses were at least a little bit loose and could be pushed back down a few microns.

So, everyone check your fuse box it certainly couldn't hurt. Luckily for me it was just lights but imagine if it was something more serious like BCM or something.

Geoff.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Platinum Member

Geoff.....

You said the relay "worked itself completely loose". Are you saying the relay was completely disconnected from the intended "female" part of the circuit???

Can you clarify??
Old 04-27-2008, 11:21 AM

That can’t be, I have been told many times on this forum that the rear loading can NOT cause the low beam lights to be too high.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:07 PM

I posted some pics of where the adjusters were a long time ago.. but you can find them under the hood strut mounts on each fender, these are your up/down adjustment. You will need a metric allen wrench to adjust them. If I remember I needed to adjust them down 1-1/2 turns with nothing in the HHR to stop the annoying flashers....