Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Underhood Fuses Tip

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
OK I have been reading about loose fuses here enmass.....HAvent checked mine yet.

Has anyone had electrical issues due to the loose fuses? With all the "me toos" I have to ask that.
No documented issues that I can recall anyone being able to say was caused by them. Though often it is the first thing people will bring up when there is a problem.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:31 AM

checked mine just yesterday and they were all good. Could be that the dealers are cluing in and starting to check them as part of the dealer prep.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JimDaddyo
checked mine just yesterday and they were all good. Could be that the dealers are cluing in and starting to check them as part of the dealer prep.
I think it's a bunch of overly worried members concerning themselves with something they don't have to. I've had my HHR two years now and my fuses have never "came loose" nor did I have to push them in any more than they came from the factory.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Banned

This is being discussed in other parts of the forum too:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...p?t=522&page=4

There are ZERO documented issues with the "loose fuse" phenomenon, and as reported in the other thread, this design has gone through millions of miles of testing with no reliability issues.

Funny how ONE person can start a hysteria that taints a car forever.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Banned

Yeah checked mine I pressed down three of them but they were making good connection. The only real issue is the stuck ignition. Once i filled up the tires from 21 to 35 The car rode better LOL
Old 09-03-2007, 11:03 PM

The bottom line is...many of us found them loose...and they should not be. Why make such a big friggin deal out of a small problem. Nothing like pole vaulting over mouse turds and bashing someone who is no longer posting on the forum.

Whether or not they are the root of a problem or not...hundreds of people have found them loose...bottom line.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kingfrog
Once i filled up the tires from 21 to 35 The car rode better LOL
Yeah the dealers need to check the tires, not the fuses. Got mine home the day I bought it and checked all four tires. Tire pressure states 40 psi I had just under 20 pis in each.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:20 PM

Now I don't have any paper "Documenting" this , because I check things myself instead of relying on the dealer,( who sometimes knows less that you!) but twice I had shifting troubles,and after pushin in on all the fuses, and finding several loose , the problem disappeared. I'm sorry I never have paid attention to which ones were loose at those times, but the problem stopped after pushin them in . As far as some peoples fuses not comming loose, well, you have a better fit than some others , so be glad. Those that keep finding them loose , just check thaem as a matter of maintance, and anytime sometthing strange happens.
Just my opinion, but it works for me!

Last edited by Schmodie; 09-03-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-04-2007, 01:11 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
The bottom line is...many of us found them loose...and they should not be. Why make such a big friggin deal out of a small problem. Nothing like pole vaulting over mouse turds and bashing someone who is no longer posting on the forum.

Whether or not they are the root of a problem or not...hundreds of people have found them loose...bottom line.

Deb....

Bottom line (your words) is that loose fuses, "should not be" . THEY CAN NOT FALL OUT......IT IS NOT A PROBLEM. Read my post in the other thread.

And, the comments were not a "bash"...the person that started this has also provided, with no authentication or evidence, other comments that are not true, totally unfounded, and false.....and again I'll say, it displays poor credibility to this site if it is not corrected (last time I looked, this site was supposed to be about the HHR). So, go ahead and check your fuses, if your belief is it is needed. But don't, as some people have, get hysterical over it. Because IT IS NOT A PROBLEM AREA.

That being said, I will say, as an individual, I like that person you are referring to. He has provided me and GM some assistance in a couple of issues, to which I am greatful and appreciative. But, an "empire" was built and members bowed to the god as an absolute source....erroneous info, is erroneous.....so it needed to be corrected.

Bottom line on your comment...... Deb, the prongs on those fuses are 3/4 inches long, they can only "wiggle" out 1/8 of an inch, before hitting the fuse lid liner.....the contacting area still has over a 1/2 inch of material to provide electrical current.....it does no harm. THEY CANNOT COME OUT ANY FURTHER (check out my response in the other thread, as I said before)..... then check it on your own vehicle. It only takes a minute (oh, and you can challenge me to supply my resourse, which I stated. But, you can/will see that I speak with a "straight tongue" if you just review the fuse box) .

I was providing the information of the so called fuse issue, to assist in helping members...it was meant as productive comments (including the part where it was traced back to this site and the other site that also supports a competitive vehicle).

As I mentioned before, I know of at least two GM people who review this site on a relatively regular basis. They must remain anonymous because of corporate guidelines and policy (and I thank one for his contributions).

Now, if you think this is a mouse turd, wait until I make my next comment, in the appropriate thread, on another subject that the false god had stated.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb

Deep breath Deb.

The point being made is that loose or not they are not a problem. They may be loose by design. Not everything has to be bar tight to be correctly installed. The design of the fuse cover prevents the fuses from coming loose enough to be a problem.

I think this was blown out of proportion when this post was first made and is now the first thing everyones suggests whenever anything goes wrong.

No one is beating up on Mike. He came up with some great stuff.

Quick Reply: Underhood Fuses Tip