Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Unexpected ESC SVRC Messages

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:12 PM

Unexpected ESC SVRC Messages

We own a 2010 Silver HHR fully loaded. We are having quite a problem with our Chevy Dealer and GM over the issue of the ESC and TCS unexpectedly malfunctioning during good weather and road conditions, causing the wheels to alternately lock and losing power becoming hard to steer. When it first began in May 2011, The visit to the dealer resulted in updating software per TSB. It seemed to work fine until Feb 2011 when it repeated the same problems again. Each time no codes were stored. We took it back again and was told that nothing was wrong, and to bring directly in if it did it again. In Late Feb 2011 It acted up again and we took it directly to the dealer and was told no one could look at it and we had to make an appointment, which we did. Again, no codes were apparently stores and no one could even give us a straight answer. We made a call to GM and was told there was no TSB on the HHR, and I actually had to Quote the Bulletin that I had from the 1st time. This problem happened on an Interstate at 65MPH and my wife almost lost control when it did. All they can tell us again is to bring it in when it does it.
If any other owners are having the same issue, Please call GM about it. They claim there have been no reports on this issue, but I am finding documentation contrary to this, including GM's own Service Bulletins.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member

A little confusing......

You say your problems began in May 2011 and was fine, after a reprogram, until Feb 2011 (I think you might mean 2012). Then you mention, after a visit to your dealer, another problem in late Feb. 2011....(do you mean 2012?).

It appears you are getting little satisfaction from your dealer. I would suggest contacting, if you already have not, Customer Service at the phone number listed in the rear of the Owners Manual. If you have contacted them once already, recontact them and ask for an "Escalation" of your complaint. Understanding that this is a frustrating situation for you, attempt to maintain some calm but precise explanation BEING FIRM....this is approaching a safety issue. This may help with your problem resolution.

However, others who may have had this problem may have found solutions through their dealer. No need for a phone call for them. And that will not assist in a immediate resolution for you.

Some other members may have other suggestions. Oh, and by the way....it's not necessary to post the same problem in 4 different threads. The thread started by you would be sufficient.....all the members will see that.

Good Luck....keep us informed.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Deceased

I forwarded a copy of your post to Michelle at Chevrolet Customer Service daryltwigg, she should get back to you in the morning.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:46 AM

daryltwigg,

I'm sorry that you are dealing with this issue. Could you send me your information (name, number, address, VIN, current mileage, involved dealer) in a private message? I would like to look into this for you.

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service