Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Water in the Driverside Front

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 02:58 PM

Exclamation Water in the Driverside Front

Hey, if this has been posted please link a thread into this post.

Basically I noticed this morning in the footwell of the driverside of the car water sepage and it was just starting. I drove to work in the rain and never noticed anything until I got to work.

I know there is a thread about the passangerside but being the driver, I need to know if its a draining issue or what.

The car is a 2007 HHR LT with a lil over 55k miles.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member

Not trying to be mean or anything, but if you do your own search for WATER LEAK you will find several references to water leaks on the drivers side.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:46 PM

The answer is yes I have and nothing I have seen shows the issue that I have. The car never had an issue like this but I can check the sun roof channels, the cowl butyl patch, and if anyone else has an observation on actually fixing the problem. Let me know.

Also....

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ght=WATER+LEAK

Go yell at this guy becuase he seemed to ask the same questions about the passanger side which has been covered 100 times. Where as my driver side issue seems to be unique.

Not being a jerk but since this site is not as active as bigger sites often I find myself combing through 1-5 year old posts with no obvious updates.... just saying.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Platinum Member

Well, if you had done a search, it would have been helpful if you had said that. Just sayin.

There are several posts about drivers side leaks, and I expect that one of them may point you in the right direction.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
The answer is yes I have and nothing I have seen shows the issue that I have. The car never had an issue like this but I can check the sun roof channels, the cowl butyl patch, and if anyone else has an observation on actually fixing the problem. Let me know.

Also....

Go yell at this guy becuase he seemed to ask the same questions about the passanger side which has been covered 100 times. Where as my driver side issue seems to be unique.

Not being a jerk but since this site is not as active as bigger sites often I find myself combing through 1-5 year old posts with no obvious updates.... just saying.
Hi, just my 2cents. so not worth much :) What about the weather striping on the drivers door? What about the rubber strip on the driver roof side ? Did it pop out? Please post what you find. other then that so far Im not much help

Where in Ct.? I from Stratford originally

Rich
Hope these help!
Check this link

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ak+driver+side ( leak at windshield )

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...ak+driver+side

Old 06-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member

Also....

Go yell at this guy becuase he seemed to ask the same questions about the passanger side which has been covered 100 times. Where as my driver side issue seems to be unique.Not being a jerk but since this site is not as active as bigger sites often I find myself combing through 1-5 year old posts with no obvious updates.... just saying.
That guy was a new member. You gotta cut them some lack until they learn how things operate around here.
As far as your leak. I would get out the garden hose and start looking for your own leak area. It could be several possibilities and the garden hose method should help you locate it.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:33 PM

Well thanks to those who actually contributed.

As earlier stated its a 2007 that DOES NOT have the Butyal Patch so i got the cowl off and verified, im working with the garden hose method now, most if not all post point to earlier production cars.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:41 PM

Hey, if this has been posted please link a thread into this post.

Basically I noticed this morning in the footwell of the driverside of the car water sepage and it was just starting. I drove to work in the rain and never noticed anything until I got to work.

I know there is a thread about the passangerside but being the driver, I need to know if its a draining issue or what.

The car is a 2007 HHR LT with a lil over 55k miles.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Really sorry to hear about your water leak. I can do more research for you and see what options you may have available. Just private message me your name, address, vehicle identification number, and current mileage.

Thanks,

Jessica L.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-11-2013, 06:20 PM

Hey I think I fixed it. The passenger side drain was clogged and I think the water travelled to the driver side. I ran water in each hole and no further issues. I peeled back the carpet to monitor. Nothing came through. Hey thanks for the help I'll monitor and keep u posted.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 PM

I actually have the same issue, it turns out it was the seal around the wiring harness from the door.

Quick Reply: Water in the Driverside Front