Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

What with the Sheet Metal on these HHR's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:23 AM

I have a PDR and rim contract on IRON MAN that has helped. $500.00 for the life of the loan. Week three I had a ding removed and a rim replaced. That alone paid for the silly contract.
But, since then I've scraped the underside front up on curbs and curbed two rims

Just curbed the second one today while backing up in front of my store whaich I have done every day for twelve years.
I want crappy rimes with good hubcaps like the old days! These stupid alloys and all the wonder rims each of us puts on are really just money pits waiting for scrapes.

Oh, the contract will NOT cover scrapes, the rims have to be dented/bent for a free replacement.

The body has a few mystery dents as well. Thin metal and such. Even in the door jams which have thick metal and compound curves, I have some dings from seat belt buckles getting shut in the door as it is closed.
If we use the car , it will get these dents and such. I try not to, but it is very difficult to walk on eggshells all the time.

Still, I'm a putz for curbing the car so much. I've never had a car that I have scraped up so much. I would never lower it and do not understand how anyone could drive one if it were. Must be a lot better drivers of these HHRs than me out there
Old 07-18-2007, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
HHR PNOY - Was the dent towards the front where the hood slopes down?

I'm wondering because I have about the same predicament and it is in the location described above. I am wondering how much it will cost to fix it.

That's the exact location of my dent.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:37 AM

DADGUM!!! I was in Lowe's parking lot over the weekend. Just got out of the car and a plastic shopping cart barely bumped into my car. Put a small ding in the crease of the left rear fender. I mean it just barely hit us! I'm afraid a metal one would have totalled it (LOL, I hope...).
BTW, why is it that when you park WAY out in a huge parking lot you will come out and someone will always be parked beside you? Close! Must be a herding instinct or something...
Old 07-23-2007, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by auburnskydive
BTW, why is it that when you park WAY out in a huge parking lot you will come out and someone will always be parked beside you? Close! Must be a herding instinct or something...
I can't stand that! I'm one who parks a the end of the lot, or someplace others aren't so I don't have dings, but once in a while some yahoo will park right next to me with 100's of open spots around. Jerks!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:17 AM

You would be suprised how many look for cars parked in never/never land. They want to park next to those, and usually, close.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:25 AM

DADGUM!!! I was in Lowe's parking lot over the weekend. Just got out of the car and a plastic shopping cart barely bumped into my car. Put a small ding in the crease of the left rear fender. I mean it just barely hit us! I'm afraid a metal one would have totalled it (LOL, I hope...)
Shopping carts are bad. It does not take a lot of momentum to make a ding as the impact point is relatively small so the force is concentrated.

I had a Jeep TJ (CJ in the US) and a cart hit the front fender. It appeared not be a big impact but it bent the front of the fender in.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:09 AM

I only shop at stores with level parking lots and no wind. Sounds like a wallgreens comercial.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:25 AM

I'm convinced it's a idiot gene!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:51 PM

DADGUM!!! I was in Lowe's parking lot over the weekend. Just got out of the car and a plastic shopping cart barely bumped into my car. Put a small ding in the crease of the left rear fender. I mean it just barely hit us! I'm afraid a metal one would have totalled it (LOL, I hope...).
I think that's what put the crease in our front door and fender too. It seems too far down for a car to have done it!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:05 PM

I NEVER park far away from a mall or store, I am a handicap and tire too easily to walk that far a distance, what I do is circle around the parking lot untill a handical space opens up, sometimes I can circle about 7 times before getting a spot, and I try to get the last spot, that way no one can park next to me...from the driver's side anyway, Wheelie is Vulnerable on the passenger side, but I feel safer still, I still have no idea how i got that mysterious dent 3 weeks ago at my church parking lot, I was in a handicap space and there was a lot of space seperating me and the car next to Wheelie.....Weird... ...But, That dent is gone.

Quick Reply: What with the Sheet Metal on these HHR's?