Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Wheel Hop

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 10:33 AM

In the instructions, it shows you to mount it over motor mount (near the widow washer side) .. Its a bit confine there with the window washer unit being there..

So I mounted if in front of the motor mount.. in the pic you can see the pulley. (see image one thread above)
I did have to modify the bracket to accept the new location, by adding a mounting hole in the plate mounting bracket.

I used only one of the engine mount bolt holes.

The other bracket mounts to the engine, (where the engine lift bracket is located)
Hope that helps some...
Old 03-15-2007, 11:35 AM

on order now

yes it helps i just wanted to know i could make it work ..no more wheel hop here i come
Old 03-15-2007, 08:00 PM

When you install one of these dampers be aware that there is more vibration felt inside the vehicle. Mostly at lower RPM's, it's not untolerable, but may take a little getting used too. You will also have air filter fitment issues if running the CGS, but I do like the end results.....

As far as mods to make it fit, I went a little different than HVROD, I raised my washer bottle up about 1/4" for clearance issues and decided to "shim" the damper so it was parallel while offsetting the bracket to gain enough clearance. (last picture you can see new hole for washer bottle, and shims on the rear part of the damper)

HVROD.......What setting (mm) do you run yours at? I've got my on 12 (kinda rough for me) and I was going to try 13 or 14 to see the difference. Any comments or suggestions?

Name:  100_1233.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  66.4 KB

Name:  100_1226.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  63.2 KB

Name:  100_1234.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  95.1 KB

Name:  100_1242.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  67.1 KB
Old 03-19-2007, 08:02 AM

it fits all models of the engine.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by RUDEINC
When you install one of these dampers be aware that there is more vibration felt inside the vehicle. Mostly at lower RPM's, it's not untolerable, but may take a little getting used too. You will also have air filter fitment issues if running the CGS, but I do like the end results.....

As far as mods to make it fit, I went a little different than HVROD, I raised my washer bottle up about 1/4" for clearance issues and decided to "shim" the damper so it was parallel while offsetting the bracket to gain enough clearance. (last picture you can see new hole for washer bottle, and shims on the rear part of the damper)

HVROD.......What setting (mm) do you run yours at? I've got my on 12 (kinda rough for me) and I was going to try 13 or 14 to see the difference. Any comments or suggestions?

Mounting it there , I did find that I did get alot vibrations.. maybe the same you mention to me.. I've moved my damper to the front of the motor mount , using the existing motor mount as an anchor point/bolt on point.

For your filter you could change to the K&N SN2540 (also has a 20 degree offsef flange end) that will let you retain the CGS intake, and give you a bit more room...

Old 03-19-2007, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by hvrod
Mounting it there , I did find that I did get alot vibrations.. maybe the same you mention to me.. I've moved my damper to the front of the motor mount , using the existing motor mount as an anchor point/bolt on point.

For your filter you could change to the K&N SN2540 (also has a 20 degree offsef flange end) that will let you retain the CGS intake, and give you a bit more room...

HVROD......Thanks for the optional mount idea and the specs on the K/N. I'm going to call my supplier and get one ordered up.....Regards
Old 03-21-2007, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by RUDEINC
HVROD......Thanks for the optional mount idea and the specs on the K/N. I'm going to call my supplier and get one ordered up.....Regards
Heres a comparsion .. CGS (gets squeezed into the tight area due to its size ) VS KN filter...
With the 20 degree offset , you can rotate the filter a bit for additional clearance and positioning.

Hope this helps..