Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Woke up battery dead completely?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 PM

Woke up battery dead completely?

Hello i have a question. I have a 2008 HHR, never gave me problems, today i woke up and the car wouldn't start. Find out the battery is completely dead.

I understand that it's almost 4 yrs, batteries die. Today i also noticed that the fog cover is missing from the passenger side of the car, i don't know how long it's been missing, but i just noticed today.

Now i don't know much about cars and i was wondering, would someone be able to take that fog cover off and tamper w/ my car from down there, causing my battery to die? Like is anything accessible by going through the fog cover and are they easy to take off and put back on? because the other one is still on. I know this sounds crazy, but i'm just wondering?

here's a picture of the missing fog cover im talking about.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:40 PM

Welcome ChevyRider. No, nobody is able to reach in and tamper causing your batttery to die. Even if they could, they would have to have very, very small hands. Batteries only tend to last 4 to 6 years anyway. Hope this helps.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Founding Member

Someone probably bumped you in a parking lot and it popped out. Would not cause battery failure.

Question: Were you standing on the hood when you took that pic?

And
Old 03-08-2012, 08:10 PM

no sir, the iphone flipped the pic for some reason lol.

ty for the help i'm just trying to get these crazy thoughts out of my head.

Some has been tampering with my car lately you know, scratches and things like that, so i was just trying to be sure.

So there's nothing nobody could have done to my car from the outside to drain the battery?

and ty for the welcomes.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:25 PM

No. Those covers are loosely hung in there. Mine fell out as well, but, this may sound dumb, did you check inside the hole for the cover? They usually fall IN and not OUT, but it is possible. My battery died the same way, just up and died one morning, with no warning. JUST when I had saved enough for an Xbox too!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 PM

Check inside the fenderwell behind the fog light opening. The cover may actually be inside sitting on the lower splash shield. Mine was when I bought it. They just pop in from the backside and have little nub area on both sides to hold them in.

Inside this area is no other electrical besides the lights themselves. This area is actually the front inner fender well area.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Deceased

to the forum ChevyRider!

You're in "hot weather" country too, and batteries just do "up and die" in the south, and you are at the right age for one to go.

As previously stated, you'll find that cover hiding behind the bumper when you undo the fender liner, that's where they go when they take a "vacation", had it happen more than once.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 PM

Looks like the battery turned his car over just fine....just saying
Old 03-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Old 03-09-2012, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody

Took me a minute to get what you ment LOL

Quick Reply: Woke up battery dead completely?