South Pacific CA, NV, HI

2009 Tom's Farm Cruise Hosted by SoCal HHRs

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by californiagirl562
I want to RSVP to Toms Farm. I missed last year, had knee replacement surgery. Year before Breast Lumpectomy , remember?
Donna
Donna! Great to hear from you!

I think you will notice a difference from year one.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:03 PM

Talking Hijack: Saturday October 17, Edwards AFB Open House.

I'm not a person for organization, but, I could check out the possibility of a group area for any of us interested in attending. It will be a one-day deal. And they usually park visitors on the dry lake-bed. It is a dusty mess. The crowds are usually insane. Vendors and such get special parking passes to be near the event. I imagine that if we could get permission to a special 'zone' we'd be locked in there for the day. Also, we would have to be there at day break.
Anybody going would need to bring along there own folding chairs, sun-block and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a camel-pac versus a cooler. I haven't been to one of these in years and I imagine that security would be nasty and coolers could be searched and possibly not allowed. That is out on the flight-line not in the parking area.
As it is, that will be the day before I go off to San Antonio for two weeks. On a brighter note, I am on vacation for the two weeks prior. So, I could check things out.
So, if there are those of you who are interested, give a shout-out. I think that any request for parking permits would have to be in by the end of the month. Like I said, I haven't checked this out yet.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:18 PM

Tim, digging the new sig line!

Originally Posted by pappa_smurf
I'm not a person for organization, but, I could check out the possibility of a group area for any of us interested in attending. It will be a one-day deal. And they usually park visitors on the dry lake-bed. It is a dusty mess. The crowds are usually insane. Vendors and such get special parking passes to be near the event. I imagine that if we could get permission to a special 'zone' we'd be locked in there for the day. Also, we would have to be there at day break.
Anybody going would need to bring along there own folding chairs, sun-block and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a camel-pac versus a cooler. I haven't been to one of these in years and I imagine that security would be nasty and coolers could be searched and possibly not allowed. That is out on the flight-line not in the parking area.
As it is, that will be the day before I go off to San Antonio for two weeks. On a brighter note, I am on vacation for the two weeks prior. So, I could check things out.
So, if there are those of you who are interested, give a shout-out. I think that any request for parking permits would have to be in by the end of the month. Like I said, I haven't checked this out yet.
Hey Mike, maybe start a new thread for this? I don't know if I can go (have to check my class schedule), but it sounds cool.

@ngelita
Old 09-23-2009, 11:45 PM

It will be really nice to see you Donna!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:04 AM

i was wondering if us cobalt guys(and gals) could come support again this year?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Buckweed
i was wondering if us cobalt guys(and gals) could come support again this year?
PM sent
Old 09-28-2009, 10:38 PM

Breaking Tom's news!

OK, do you really need another reason to go to Tom's?!

Got an email today from Jeff Styles, aka, SoCalPinstriper.com and he will be joining us at Tom's!
Jeff is really cool and since his "shop" is in the HHR, he'll be available in case anyone wants a little something, something for their car.

He painted my Blackie's pins:

And here is a pic of his own panel that he hand-painted:

Other handiwork, Dorian's Magnum:
Old 09-28-2009, 11:57 PM

I have something planned, oh yes I do. Glad to hear Maestro Styles will be joining us. Ang shoot me his email please, I need to holla at him.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
I have something planned, oh yes I do. Glad to hear Maestro Styles will be joining us. Ang shoot me his email please, I need to holla at him.
Cool!
He is one of my myspace friends and emailed him there, and I can't find his email address!

However, the best place for anyone to contact Jeff ahead of time is to go to his website and click on contact: http://www.socalpinstriper.com/contact.cfm

He is good about responding! This way if you want something special you can work it out with him ahead of time.

@
Old 09-29-2009, 01:02 PM

Oh Ang', The wheels are spinning in my head for pinstriping idea's.

Quick Reply: 2009 Tom's Farm Cruise Hosted by SoCal HHRs