South Pacific CA, NV, HI

2009 Tom's Farm Cruise Hosted by SoCal HHRs

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 01:19 PM

Yes the Wheels are Spinning Here To ! Just Has to Be Mild as to Go with the Whole Theme .....
Old 09-29-2009, 02:33 PM

Jeff was at CFAC last weekend and he was striping one car after another all day long. That guy had to have been exhausted by the end of the show. When we were leaving he was finishing one car and had a 32 Highboy waiting for him to stripe. Todd told me his prices were pretty reasonable too.

Kevin & Tracy, he does some nice flames!
Old 09-29-2009, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR
Kevin & Tracy, he does some nice flames!
Oh Yeah I've Seen Pics ! He Definitely Knows His Craft and is Very Reasonable To ! Flames Most Likely are Not DLVRNIT's Style Though !!!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 02:44 PM

I think he is a really good 'striper and just a really nice guy. For those local, he lives in Lake Forest and only took him an hour to do my Blackie and the laptop--that was just a bonus as I had taken it out of the car and he couldn't leave it looking so bare! I think the laptop is more detailed than what is on the car!

You definitely get your $'s worth with him. I'm thinking one more little something on the gas cap area...and no more!

@
Old 09-29-2009, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
I think he is a really good 'striper and just a really nice guy. For those local, he lives in Lake Forest and only took him an hour to do my Blackie and the laptop--that was just a bonus as I had taken it out of the car and he couldn't leave it looking so bare! I think the laptop is more detailed than what is on the car!

You definitely get your $'s worth with him. I'm thinking one more little something on the gas cap area...and no more!

@
I think I asked this before. Did you or he to do any prep to the car before he painted? ie no waxing the car the night before or....? How long after do you have to wait before it's safe to wash or wax the car?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
I think I asked this before. Did you or he to do any prep to the car before he painted? ie no waxing the car the night before or....? How long after do you have to wait before it's safe to wash or wax the car?
He treated the area he was going to paint to take any wax off, then just painted.
I don't remember how soon after I washed/waxed, but you know how anal I am about keeping the car clean, so it wasn't too much later.

He waxes his cars also (I also asked Tim how to keep the pins looking good) and he said most of the commercial products aren't harmful to the pins (I'm partial to Meguier's). I clay bar it as you know and even power wash it once a month at the car wash and while a little more careful around the pins, over all, just clean/detail as usual.

I think the pins look just as good now--I got them October of last year.

You thinking of something also, D?

@
Old 09-29-2009, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
He treated the area he was going to paint to take any wax off, then just painted.
I don't remember how soon after I washed/waxed, but you know how anal I am about keeping the car clean, so it wasn't too much later.

He waxes his cars also (I also asked Tim how to keep the pins looking good) and he said most of the commercial products aren't harmful to the pins (I'm partial to Meguier's). I clay bar it as you know and even power wash it once a month at the car wash and while a little more careful around the pins, over all, just clean/detail as usual.

I think the pins look just as good now--I got them October of last year.

You thinking of something also, D?

@
I wonder if he can do ghost stripes? It has to be simple maybe in a shades of grey to black, stripe down the side but not on the front/top of the hood where it would be covered by the bra. If there's going to be any fanc y stripes it would have to be in the back hatch
Old 09-29-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
I wonder if he can do ghost stripes? It has to be simple maybe in a shades of grey to black, stripe down the side but not on the front/top of the hood where it would be covered by the bra. If there's going to be any fanc y stripes it would have to be in the back hatch
Sounds cool, D.
Email him and ask! :)
http://www.socalpinstriper.com/contact.cfm
Old 09-29-2009, 10:29 PM

how 'bout a little flame out the back of the gas cap? shades of pink? -- Oh geez, I meant for your car, Angie!!

Last edited by mitzkity; 09-30-2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: clarification.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 PM

Hmmm - group interest. We need to cut a package deal with Mr Styles.

Quick Reply: 2009 Tom's Farm Cruise Hosted by SoCal HHRs