South Pacific CA, NV, HI

2009 Tom's Farm Cruise Hosted by SoCal HHRs

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 01:21 AM
Uma

[QUOTE=DLVRNIT;423669]Well Bonnie and I are finally home after 900 Mile 2 Day road trip and were pretty beat ! From the organizers to the participants SoCal just does it Right ! Everyone there just helped to make it a "Great" happening and we can't wait for next year !

Thanks Again to Everyone and Good Night ,[/QUOTE

Well, I am off, waiting to see that you all made it home safe. Hope Bunkie is safe and sound. Nite Todd (Uma)
Old 11-08-2009, 01:46 AM

And now for something completely different..

Okay, here's the first few pics I'm posting. These are all handheld, fully manual images. Decide to do something different for this event. More tomorrow!

Old 11-08-2009, 02:16 AM

Rest well, you weary travelers...you have earned it! The long distance drivers put me to shame, as I came home and slept 2 hrs after a long 40 min drive .

Bud (1HotHHR) - had to report to work in Vegas at midnight, so let's all bow our heads and.... BE GLAD we're not you, boy!!! Seriously, you have moxie to do that!

What a friendly bunch of Norcal-ers I met today. How cool to see such a huge bunch of HHRs after all this time.

A bit of history: I believe my first Get-together was at Clearman's for lunch in Octoberish of '06. My car was 5 months new and I was still in a "boot" following achilles tendon surgery. Someone else will have to provide the history lesson of Clearman's and previous to it. I had a ball, & I said to Sindy Dix - "How do you organize something like this - I want to do it again, keep it going, but I don't know anyone".

Her sage answer - "Set a time and date -- be there, and people will show up." So, in I posted for November '06, saying that I would be breakfasting at Tom's Farm, and wanted to meet up with any HHR people who might be available. It was unorganized and random, and I forgot a camera anyway. Only a few people showed up, but it was still a triumph as I was really shy about doing that. I honestly can't remember who was there, or if anyone is still on the forum. Speak up if you remember, okay?

At some point in that year I saw Todd (Uma) drive into Angelos while I was there with the Mopar group, and recruited him on the spot. (These are just my recollections, as I know the word was spreading throughout the area by many many contingents).

In 07, we did it again, the 1st birthday of Tom's Farm, but actually the BIRTH of soCal HHRs. Isn't that true, wasn't Tim (TKHHR) there with the first actual sign? How many cars did we have - 10-15?

After that, well, it looks like we doubled in 08 and doubled again in 09!!

I'm just so happy with how the day went, and wanted to share this little history of Tom's with you... I didn't even get around to getting photos of all these new (to me) people today, so catch up with me next time, okay... I'm just the data lady now.

Photos tomorrow...

HEY - I just found the old thread from another G2G - Ricky and Ronnies, here's a bit more history - https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...highlight=Farm

Cheri (mitz)
Old 11-08-2009, 02:44 AM

Oh cool, more history... https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...t=clearman%27s
Old 11-08-2009, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
.................................................. ...........................................A bit of history: I believe my first Get-together was at Clearman's for lunch in Octoberish of '06. .................................................. ........................................
HEY - I just found the old thread from another G2G - Ricky and Ronnies, here's a bit more history - https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...highlight=Farm

Cheri (mitz)
Cheri that brings the memory back, my first ever PM on this site from you for an invite to Ricky and Ronnies, that was my first HHR G2G!

Man I am beat, the next time for these G2G's I need to get more sleep, several times the "braile" bumps on the road woke me up!!

.....so when's the next G2G?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:24 AM

More pics....

Old 11-08-2009, 08:30 AM

Even more pics...

Old 11-08-2009, 08:41 AM

Still more...

Old 11-08-2009, 08:47 AM

Yes, there are still more...

Old 11-08-2009, 08:53 AM

Thank you

A big thanks to Kris, Tim and Todd for putting a wonderful event together. It was nice meeting new people from all over and seeing the different styles of HHR's. It seems like the event has doubled each year with participents. I didn't see one face that didn't have a smile on it. Also a big thanks to Jeff "STYLES" for all the pinnstriping and our own Don "The Wiper Delete King".

And now there's rumors of maybe a spring G2G, sound's geat.

Quick Reply: 2009 Tom's Farm Cruise Hosted by SoCal HHRs