South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Already ordering mods,

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 03:08 PM

Wink Already ordering mods,

Still haven't got the Smurfinator yet, but have ordered a few things from the HHR Boutique. I ordered the Colgan 2-piece bra, the door sill protection plates and the in-channel window vent visors. Things I would still like is a third brake light decal that says, 'Smurfinator' and that cool SoCal HHR decal. Of course that would need to be modified. Being an SS with the AA5 option & roof rails, it would need to reflect that. I'm thinking just remove the fin from the surf board and remove the rear window and add the rear spoiler. Down the road I would like to remove the rear wiper and wash nozzle. This anticipation is killing me. Got to think about seat covers and floor mats to. Finally, the factory will build my SS the week of the 11th of Aug. Got to burn a CD for the occasion of driving off the dealers lot. A little AC~DC, Ratt, Def Leppard, you get my drift, loud and kickin'. Lots of stuff kicking in my head. Kid in a candy store. (57 year old kid)
Old 08-06-2008, 05:35 PM

Don't forget Golden Earring "Radar Love".
Old 08-06-2008, 10:31 PM

Boy, you got bit early!! Hmmm, I'm guessing white, since it doesn't come in smurf blue? I didn't even get mine off the lot before I had the running boards, mats, spoiler, & back rubber thingie on it. Go for it!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Uma

No OZZY!! what is with that! Just kidding brother, I feel for you, the wait has to be killing you! Keep in touch, and we want to see you in person when you get it Todd (uma)
Old 08-06-2008, 11:41 PM

Oh Cheri, they don't come in white!

What color did you get, Smurf?

And I agree--the first song(s) played in the new wheels is very important!

Mine:
the GEO: New Rose by the Damned
The S10: Fast Cars by Agent Orange
Blackie: Every Summer Day by my fav LA punk band, the Last

Can't wait to see the Smurfinator!

@
Old 08-07-2008, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
Boy, you got bit early!! Hmmm, I'm guessing white, since it doesn't come in smurf blue? I didn't even get mine off the lot before I had the running boards, mats, spoiler, & back rubber thingie on it. Go for it!
The Smurfinator will be Aqua Blue Metallic. Now THAT is a Smurf color. I'm thinkin' Pappa Smurf with the mini-gun that Jessie Ventura carried in Predator. Loud and kickin'.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:28 PM

I think Billy Idol "Rebel Yell" that is a good one.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:15 PM

Ohhhh, I forgot about that new color - oh, it's perfect!! Are you the one who planned out everything he wanted and then they weren't sure the company would "accept" it? If so, did they accept it now?

another kid from your era...
Old 08-08-2008, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
Ohhhh, I forgot about that new color - oh, it's perfect!! Are you the one who planned out everything he wanted and then they weren't sure the company would "accept" it? If so, did they accept it now?

another kid from your era...
Yeah, that's me. Every time I turned around had to wait for something else. The dealer had to wait for his consignment allocation allotment. Then, when Chevy accepted the order, I had to wait for the factory. But now, the factory will start the build, about seven weeks after my original order was placed with the dealer. And all this is because I could not find a suitable 2008 LT2 that I wanted, after searching the web for about a month. I'm just being a pain. Can't explain it.
So, the Smurfinator was conceived on 27 June, Labor will be induced some time during the week of 11 August. Birth will be soon and he will be adopted shortly after that, I hope.
As for tunes, 'Its a long way to the top, if you want to rock'n'roll (AC~DC),
Let's get rocked (Def Leppard), Jailbreak (Thin Lizzy), Round and Round (Ratt), Wild Side (Motley Crue), Mr. Tinkertrain (the Oz man), oh, there are many others, too many to rattle off.
Now I'm reading that the SS has a wimpy little horn, toot-toot. AHHH.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:25 AM

Unhappy Another delay

The dealer checked with the GM website and found out that my build will not start until the week of Sept. 1st. So, another 3 weeks added to the wait. But, the good news is that once it is built, delivery should be in about a week after that.

Quick Reply: Already ordering mods,