South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Already ordering mods,

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 AM

That's good - but too late, for the Cruisin' for a Cure show in late Sept? Oh well, catch you next year. Why not drive down and meet us all though? Yeah, long drive, I know....
Old 08-19-2008, 04:04 AM

Cool Mods to be installed so far.

Just finished ordering a TTR sway bar. Got the AVS side window vent shades. Got the Chevy door sill "plates" (what a rip-off). Got some "el-cheapo" seat covers and floor mats with a free steering wheel cover thrown in. Got some black vinyl inlays for the bow-ties and SS emblems. This waiting is driving me nuts and I keep going through this forum and finding more gotta have stuff.

Last edited by pappa_smurf; 08-19-2008 at 04:15 AM. Reason: forgot something.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:15 AM

Almost forgot, also ordered the Colgan 2-piece bra, but, trouble is that was 2-weeks ago and still not heard any word as to when I might get it. I ordered through HHR Boutique. Also, they have not responded to any of my e-mail inquiries.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:41 PM

Did you get mirror bras? After my trips to AZ, hubby said GET THEM NOW!!! I ran into a horde of yellow butterflies (very decorative)...
Old 08-28-2008, 02:26 PM

Wink Finally, after just over 3 weeks.

The Colgan bra delivered today. Two days ago I ordered a third brake light overlay, "Smurfinator", that goes on the lens glass, not the rear window. Have to see how that will turn out. Unlike the others who received another notice that there build was pushed back '''again'' to either the week of 22 and 29 Sept., I still have not received any notice from my dealer. Believe me, I keep asking him. He doesn't respond to much to my e-mail. He insists that there is no problem with my build, yet he can't explain the last delay. Well, here's hoping.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by pappa_smurf
The dealer checked with the GM website and found out that my build will not start until the week of Sept. 1st. So, another 3 weeks added to the wait. But, the good news is that once it is built, delivery should be in about a week after that.

To bad you're gonna miss the employee price deals as it ends Sept.2

If you're buyin all these mods now what will be left to get once the car is here
Old 08-30-2008, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by pappa_smurf
This waiting is driving me nuts
Its driving me nuts too!

I'm looking forward to have a fellow member in my area.

When you go to get it make sure you walk around it and make sure they didn't run into anything. A couple of week ago I went to Rally to see their new HHR's and out on display was one that had been brushed up against their stucco wall, and they didn't even bother to wipe off the the bumper. I was the one that pointed it out to the salesman
Old 08-31-2008, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by JT's HHR
Its driving me nuts too!

I'm looking forward to have a fellow member in my area.

When you go to get it make sure you walk around it and make sure they didn't run into anything. A couple of week ago I went to Rally to see their new HHR's and out on display was one that had been brushed up against their stucco wall, and they didn't even bother to wipe off the the bumper. I was the one that pointed it out to the salesman
Not only do I plan to do a walk around, but, I will have my camera with me. I want to document before and after stuff. That dragon paint job you have is real sweet. You must not drive it much or I would have noticed it. I have only seen a couple of HHR's in town, LS and LT and a panel or two. Except for the Black '08 SS that Rally had on the lot, I haven't seen any around here. I believe a couple of those were rentals. I think I may be cranking a little Judas Priest when I drive off the lot, "Turbo Lover".
Old 09-03-2008, 01:10 PM

Angry Build pushed back again, 22 Sept. now.

Well, again this forum has had better info than my dealer. He finally fessed up and confirmed that the RPD is the hold up. But, according to him they are now available. That I got to see. I think it is just a GM plot to deny us the Employee Discount that has been extended to the end of the month.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:23 PM

Unhappy One more time, now 27 October.

Being still bored, I went and ordered a black stubby front antenna. I'm starting to debate if I want to remove the emblems on the car or not. I've got black inlays for the SS emblems already. I'm thinking that whenever I do the third brake light, I'll go ahead and remove the rear wiper motor also. Anybody know where I can get a cargo area shelf, the spare tire cover, or whatever you want to call it? I'd like to have the shelf on the raised position and still keep the spare tire covered. I'll probably have to go with the dealer on that one I guess. Just thinking out loud here.

Quick Reply: Already ordering mods,