South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Another So Ca HHR Most Likely Totaled

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 02:11 AM

Another So Ca HHR Most Likely Totaled

Just got in from taking my wife and son to the ER as a precautionary check after getting in a fairly serious accident in the HHR.

My wife had the green arrow and was turning left into the Brea mall when some woman on her damn cell phone was too distracted to notice she had the red light. She went through the red light at a fairly high rate of speed when she center punched the HHR on the right side where my son was sitting and knocked the car over on it's left side and spun it around a few times.

Fortunately my wife and son are okay with the exception of a few scrapes and bruises. The HHR on the other hand is a mess.

The part that really bugs me is that after about two weeks of searching for the prized Chevrolet logos from the Canadian Aveos, I finally installed mine last weeked and they looked great on the car. Now those and the So Cal HHR window stickers from Tim are about the only thing that still look good on the car.

I may have to stop by the Chevrolet dealer to take a peak at the new HHRs soon...

Randy
Old 03-03-2009, 02:30 AM

Hey Randy, aka: Ralph, Ray, Reggie, Rob, etc, LOL,

Sorry to hear about the HHR but Glad to hear the family came out of it pretty much unharmed! Just know that it Bum's you out with all of the Sweet Mod's and Time you had put into the ride! I'm sure your next one will look as Sweet if not Sweeter! But once again Glad to hear everyone is OK!

Last edited by DLVRNIT; 03-03-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:02 AM

Randy, First thing is I am glad to hear that your wife and son are OK. I think what we are learning about these cars is that they seem to be a pretty safe car to be driving.

After the earlier post about the head on crash and now your wife and son being flipped on their side I am amazed. If you look at the roof picture in the head on crash and see the ripples in the roof, but the overall structure around the passenger compartment is intact.

A lot of people want to bad mouth GM and whine about every little squeak and rattle on their HHR, but folks this is what these cars were designed to do- save your life!

Randy give your wife and son a big hug and know that you made the right choice when you bought that HHR.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:11 AM

Randy, glad to hear that everyone is OK and I agree with TKhhr that it is a good things that these things are safe! I guess the 5 star rating really means something.

Cars can be replaced, but people can't. Once the dust settles, I am sure you will find a satisfactory replacement.... Then let the mods begin.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:51 AM

Family

Randy, so glad to hear your family is ok.Sounds like they were hit pretty hard,amazing they came away with just bumps and bruise's.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:30 AM

So glad to hear your family is ok
Old 03-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Add one here too. Truly a blessing to walk away from a bad accident. I can so attest to this, I was in a bad one that ripped the front end off my Marauder and walked away without a scratch. Glad your family arent hurt. The car can be replaced and I hope you get another HHR if that's the plan.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:17 AM

It's good to hear that no one was hurt. The HHR is really quite good when it comes to impacts. I was in a side impact accident back in late July. It was a fairly severe impact but the HHR took it well and kept me from getting injured.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:23 AM

Sorry to hear about the HHR, but at least everyone is alright! Glad that the HHR is quite a safe car for being fairly small..
Old 03-03-2009, 02:02 PM

I'm amazed! I knew they were pretty safe cars, but now we know. What a jerk that woman was - they are EVERYWHERE, oblivious to everything, on the sidewalk, the streets, the malls, walking along and driving along, uncaring about anyone or anything else. Drives me nuts.

I'm so glad your family is okay, it's just so fortunate and truly amazing. However, even when they are physically going to be fine, don't forget there's some real stress to what they went through. Ugh, I know you know that, I'm just a bit "psych-oriented", sorry to be a mother hen.

So you want another one, eh? Well good for you. Are you sure it's totalled? And are there photos somewhere? Are YOU okay?

Quick Reply: Another So Ca HHR Most Likely Totaled