South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Another So Ca HHR Most Likely Totaled

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 03:23 PM

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes for my wife and son. I am very grateful that the good folks from the Chevrolet team did a fine job of designing a safe vehicle that did it's job of absorbing the impact while protecting the occupants.

My wife was on her way to go and pick up my older son, his girlfriend, and our 7 month old granddaughter. Fortunately the accident happened before they were picked up.

When my wife called me to tell me she was in an accident I was prepared to see a crunched fender or door, but not my car laying on it's side mortally wounded. That was scary to say the least.

I do think the car is totaled so I'm going to most likely have to make a decision regarding a replacement.

I do have some poor quality cell phone images from last night and some much better images I took today at the tow yard that I need to transfer to the PC later. I may need someone to help me upload the pix as the last time I attempted that I didn't have much luck.

Stay tuned...
Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM

Good to hear the family is ok.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Uma

Randy, I am so sorry to hear about the accident. I am glad the family is all good. The HHr takes a hit pretty well, with that said... they were still very lucky! Thank God! Hug the wife and kids and sleep well! Todd (Uma)
Old 03-03-2009, 11:05 PM

Gracias a dios your family is ok! I am SO sorry to hear that this happened, but the car is replaceable.

My prayers are with you all and dang it, you were just telling me about the new overlays too at AJ's!

If you want, email me the pix and I can post: angelita@cal.berkeley.edu

Looking forward to seeing you and your family again--and I would be glad to come pick you all up for a g2g!

@

(And Selman Chevrolet in Orange has like every color of HHR right now!)
Old 03-04-2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
Gracias a dios your family is ok! I am SO sorry to hear that this happened, but the car is replaceable.

My prayers are with you all and dang it, you were just telling me about the new overlays too at AJ's!

If you want, email me the pix and I can post: angelita@cal.berkeley.edu

Looking forward to seeing you and your family again--and I would be glad to come pick you all up for a g2g!

@

(And Selman Chevrolet in Orange has like every color of HHR right now!)
Angie - Thanks for the offers of posting my pix and a ride to the next g2g. I'll send you the pix in the morning.

I did get a call from my insurance today and the news was as I expected - total loss.

I've already checked out Selman's on-line inventory; looks very promising!

I stopped by my local dealer in Fullerton on Tues. and couldn't believe how dead they were. I walked in and actually had to go to the salesman at the desk and ask for a brochure. He goes to get it then goes "here ya go" and walks away. He didn't ask if he could show me anything, ask if I had any questions, or when I was planning on buying. I know the economy is really slow, but those folks have already thrown in the towel. I knew right then that I would not be making my purchase there.

Stay tuned...

Randy
Old 03-05-2009, 02:52 AM

#1 So glad to hear the Fam made it through that ordeal with only minor injuries
#2 That totaly S*%cks, I hope you had the gap insurance in case you insurance co. tries to give you any grief.
#3 You gotta get another HHR if the last one protected you fam that well!!
#4 If your local Dealer is that bad you could always try mine (Delillo Chevrolet on Beach In HB) just to give you a choice, maybe you could work them against each other for a better deal!! LOL. I haven't seen their inventory in about a month, so I can't tell ya how good/bad is is right now.. Good Luck!!
I hope everything works out for ya, Joe
Old 03-05-2009, 03:09 PM

I am glad to hear your family is okay. I am VERY glad to hear they only suffered minor injuries.

I am now thinking about driving my husband's HHR again. Our weather has been bad and I started to drive my Surburban instead of the HHR. I didn't know how it would do in an accident. I am VERY glad to hear they are safe.

Dianah
Scott's Wife
Old 03-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by rjvaldez
Angie - Thanks for the offers of posting my pix and a ride to the next g2g. I'll send you the pix in the morning.

I did get a call from my insurance today and the news was as I expected - total loss.

I've already checked out Selman's on-line inventory; looks very promising!

I stopped by my local dealer in Fullerton on Tues. and couldn't believe how dead they were. I walked in and actually had to go to the salesman at the desk and ask for a brochure. He goes to get it then goes "here ya go" and walks away. He didn't ask if he could show me anything, ask if I had any questions, or when I was planning on buying. I know the economy is really slow, but those folks have already thrown in the towel. I knew right then that I would not be making my purchase there.

Stay tuned...

Randy
Randy , you are talking of the dealership on Commonwealth (Not going to mention the name). I had the same experience. When Kris decided she was really going to get an HHR. It was a Saturday, she was busy, so I went scouting for her. I went there, had to ask for help, then they gave me a kid salesman, that knew nothing! I was insulted actually. It was like they did not want to spend the time on me. Selmen, on the other hand...rocked. Todd (Uma)
Old 03-06-2009, 11:11 AM

Pix from Randy.

Wow--these cars hold up REALLY well. SO glad the family is safe.
Attached Images      
Old 03-06-2009, 11:13 AM

last pix

Just a few more. RIP little car!
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Another So Ca HHR Most Likely Totaled