South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Another So Ca HHR Most Likely Totaled

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:19 AM

Ouch!
Old 03-06-2009, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by rjvaldez
I stopped by my local dealer in Fullerton on Tues. and couldn't believe how dead they were. I walked in and actually had to go to the salesman at the desk and ask for a brochure. He goes to get it then goes "here ya go" and walks away. He didn't ask if he could show me anything, ask if I had any questions, or when I was planning on buying. I know the economy is really slow, but those folks have already thrown in the towel. I knew right then that I would not be making my purchase there.

Stay tuned...

Randy
Hard to believe that, I have walked in the front door of my local dealer to go to parts and the sales people fight each other to be the one to greet me!
You can see the disappointment in their faces when you tell them you are just there for parts. They are HUNGRY.
I probably shouldn't go in the front door and get their hopes up, but it is kind of funny to see climb over each other.

How is the wife doing?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by esmarkey

How is the wife doing?
Both my wife and son are doing well. Still pretty sore all over, but overall doing well.

Thanks for asking.

Randy
Old 03-07-2009, 10:25 AM

Wow those pictures are amazing I think if there was ever a car i would feel safe about getting in an accident with not saying I feel safe of about getting in an accident but. The pictures I have see on here of people who have had them I would feel ok about my car. I am so glad your family is doing well after that. Hope to see you back out on the road with another family saver.

Kris
Old 03-08-2009, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by lyntmr61
Wow those pictures are amazing I think if there was ever a car i would feel safe about getting in an accident with not saying I feel safe of about getting in an accident but. The pictures I have see on here of people who have had them I would feel ok about my car. I am so glad your family is doing well after that. Hope to see you back out on the road with another family saver.

Kris
We are so impressed with our little HHR now that we've seen how well it withstands a serious accident and protects its passengers that we are already working on getting another one.

Stay tuned, we hope to have a replacement very soon...

Randy
Old 03-08-2009, 10:43 PM

Hey all,

I very proud to say that my wife and I settled on a replacement HHR and now have it sitting in the garage. We picked it up today from Selman Chevrolet in Orange, Ca.

The new HHR is a fully loaded '09 2LT Imperial Blue Metalic with leather interior, XM radio, OnStar, and 18" X 8.5" American Racing wheels (American Rogue Chrome model) with Nitto 235/40 x 18 tires wrapped around them.

Now, If I could get Tim to set me up with another pair of So Ca HHRs stickers...I think we'd be ready for another g2g.

Angelita - Please do me a favor and post a picture of our new HHR. Thanks!

Randy
Old 03-08-2009, 10:53 PM

Welcome to the newest SoCal member!

I LOVE this color....
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2009, 10:56 PM

Well seeing that HHR hold up so good is great after the accident. Glad the family is doing good.
RIP to the HHR.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:59 PM

So Randy, besides having my all-time favorite color, how does the ride feel on the 18's?
(I swear if Selman had had those on my car, I would have kept them!)

Can't wait to see another IBM! And glad you and Anna stayed in the HHR familia.

@ngelita
Old 03-08-2009, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
So Randy, besides having my all-time favorite color, how does the ride feel on the 18's?
(I swear if Selman had had those on my car, I would have kept them!)

Can't wait to see another IBM! And glad you and Anna stayed in the HHR familia.

@ngelita
Ride is good. You can feel the road a bit more with the 40 side wall profile, but damn it feels like a little racer with that wider foot print.

Even though the suspension is the same "sport-tuned" as our other HHR, this one feels a bit tighter. Could be just because it is new.

Randy

Quick Reply: Another So Ca HHR Most Likely Totaled