South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Coastline HHR's So-Cal

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 06:54 PM

That's funny...the music department and the English department are in the same building at the college I work at...I think there may be a reason for that, now that I think of it!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by ivtech
I was a member of the Royal GTOs in the mid-70s meeeting Van Nuys.
Man, that brings back memories. I hung around with them too. One of my best friends was a member. Still has a GTO. He had a Judge back then, I embarassed him into a convertible 15+ years ago. He is a member of another Pontiac club in the Valley now.

Oh and the SoCal HHR club could be fun..... Anything to make friends and do functions with.

Last edited by Hotrodbob; 11-09-2007 at 05:05 PM. Reason: ms spillings
Old 11-09-2007, 06:04 PM

So at the Tom's Farms get-together we started leaning towards calling the new group SoCal HHRs, in the hopes that more people would feel like jumping in... I think that was kind of how it ended?? And I still love the idea of TK's turquoise and black on white vinyl, although he substituted red due to a shortage of the aqua blue at the G2G. It's jazzy, retro-y and soCal-y, don't you think?

We also discussed whether there is enough interest to sponsor a regular meet-up spot monthly, and at this point, we only draw around 10+ cars per event.

In '06-7 we met at Clearman's for lunch, Ricky and Ronnie's, Deja Vous Rendezvous, and Cruisin' for a Cure, Tom's Farms, and small groups met for Mooneyes BBQ, Boyd Coddington Open House, Autobooks Breakfast, Lakewood Car Show, what else am I missing? Oh, the coming Peterson Museum G2G....

Sindy and I agree and I hope others do too, that we can't plan more than informal G2G's with this small a group. But that shouldn't stop us from forming a fledgling club with colors, logo, and certain recurring annual events.

I'd like to hear your viewpoints too, though - just because you didn't speak up or weren't at Tom's Farms doesn't mean it's too late to chime in on opinions and suggestions. It would be a group effort --- YOUR club.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:30 PM

Well, I think the consensus was not to go further because "something is in the works". I guess we are sort of locked in this limbo until this is announced. I for one vote for SoCal HHr's. I like the name, its simple yet expresses exactly what and where we are.

Furthermore, from what I remember from the short collaboration, most were not in favor of a formal club with bylaws and the like. Just an informal, meet when we can type thing. Personally, I feel, in order to generate and keep interest, something formal should be solidified.

But then again, who am I? Just the guy that wolfed down some Irish Nachos! LOL

Groovielou
Old 11-09-2007, 07:00 PM

Lou,
You picked up the jist of it for now. All good things take time. What we really don't want are politics and the BS that goes along with that. We for the most part are a bunch of laid back people who just want to have some fun with our HHR's We can be free to do what we want as a group, anyone can propose an event and if you can make it great and if you have other plans we will see you next time. There are ton's of things to do in So Cal and we will be doing more next year I am sure. We are taking baby steps right now but growing for sure. To have 11 HHR's get together for lunch was a pretty good turn out for a start. So hang in there Lou we will get it going, don't worry.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:24 PM

I'm all for an informal social group. No shoes, no shirts, no problems.... Oh wait, that's words from a song. Well heck, you get the idea. Relaxed and fun works for me.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Uma

Wow, I am getting so confused!! I would like a formal get together like groovie suggests, however..being in So Cal, although relatively close to either other, we cannot ask people to drive 75 miles or more to go to a meeting once a month. Tim, suggests we keep it laid back, the same as HotRodBob. That is the better bet for now. For those of us that are really commited to making this work, and are going to show up to the most meets possible. I suggest that we solidify the name first. SoCal HHRs works for me, with the colors Tim wanted. White and Teal go with the so cal theme. So lets do it!! Make a banner, we should all pitch in a few $$. I am sure Tim will do it ...as the banner for Tom's Farm looked so good. Getting excited!! Todd (Uma)
Old 11-09-2007, 11:16 PM

Where's the pictures????
Old 11-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by itschaboykenny
Where's the pictures????
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/south-pacific-36/fall-round-up-toms-farms-nov-3-2007-a-10495/

Starting at post #95!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:21 PM

Sandy beat me to it....