South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Fall Round-up at Tom's Farms Nov 3, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Uma

What did you do under the hood dear? I have a few mods, nothing big though, I ordered the lower section of the Precsion grille, I got a full bra, will not look good, but need it for an upcoming roadtrip to MO. And best of all, but not really up your alley, I just replaced all the Pioneer speakers with Alpine, top of the line component speakers, my goodness, you thought it was loud before!!! It is so load, so crisp. I am just glowing!! Can't hear a damn thing but that is all good LOL! Todd (Uma)
Old 10-22-2007, 07:37 PM

On the contrary, Todd....that is RIGHT up my alley!! Hubby used to do installs, and he really amped up my Mazda626. We had a nice Alpine head unit, Kenwood cd changer in the back (the old days), and all Bostons including crossovers and 2 10" subs in a box he built in the back, but it was crisp and clear. I was so proud of what a GIRL would do to get good audio - I had my license plate rigged to say, "tits and amps; hedonism rules!" (I know that got bleeped).

I am very particular, however, and until I can afford to get exactly what I want, I'm going to settle for stock. And for that reason, I think you're going to have to take me for a ride so we can blast it!!!.

Question -- does your system easily adjust to the variations in old rock CDs, vocals, techno, this overdone base of today's recordings, etc.... because I am a chronic adjuster - it has to be right...after all, I was a piano teacher. I need to have that stuff as easy to operate as my air conditioner!!

Hey, where is everyone --- anybody coming to Tom's Farms?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Uma

Cheri.... I do have the sounds, no doubt about it. I had a four channel amp powering the 4 stock Pioneer 6'5's, it was very load and clear. I just relaced the 4 premium Pioneer 6.5's with Alpine component 6.5's So now I have the the top of the line Alpine head unit the Alpine component speakers in all the doors and the tweeters in the front. There is so much difference between the two it is not even funny. It sounded good before, but WOW!! Crazy good now. I was told not to change the subs until they blow. Point being!! That is all I know LOL. I tell my stereo guy to set it so I won't blow it up...Just give me a number on the vo. To answer your question!! It sounds great playing hard rock, techno, country, hip hop, and pop with no adjustments except the volumn knob, Use the remote though, saves a little bit of the hearing, Todd (Uma)
Old 10-23-2007, 02:09 AM

Groovielou is still planing on being there! Hopefully by then, Sylvia will be sporting some new Riax rims!

Still working on the sound. If anyone knows a really good stereo shop with reasonable prices, please let me know.

Groovielou
Old 10-24-2007, 07:46 PM

every one take care over there in socal. i'll see all of you on the 3rd. las vegas sent 36 fire trucks and 2 helicopters to help your firemen out.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:53 PM

UMA - TODD --- I AM SOOOOO IMPRESSED! GroovieLou, can't wait to meet you... Mrjuma - Paul, THANK YOU Mr. LAS VEGAS!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:54 PM

mitzkity, Is your hubby still doing installs? I want to put in a Kenwood head unit, and I just hate going to stereo shops. They are like vultures!

Groovielou
Old 10-24-2007, 09:31 PM

Hi Lou - no, that was many years ago and he doesn't do them now unless one of us has a pressing need to rip into the guts of a car. The most I could get him to do was my underbody lighting and my silly musical horn. I'm on my own when I'm ready to upgrade the audio...
Old 10-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Uma

Lou, I would suggest Alpine, roughly the same price as Kenwood. But Kenwood is very good. I have a place in Garden Grove, CA., They are really reasonably priced, I have found their prices to a little better than Best Buy and Circuit City. Not knowing where you are located..if you are not close...Best Buy actually carries top of the line Alpine. You should be able to get a great Alpine Head unit installed for $250. Start there and add as you can. Todd (Uma)
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 PM

Uma, I am looking at a DVD/CD 7" touch screen unit. Something like this:

I really like Kenwood for quality and features. I have the 25th annaversary Kenwood single din unit in my Truck, its been awesome. I've never been a fan of Alpine. I will pay a bit more for quality. Is your guy a Kenwood dealer?

Groovielou

Quick Reply: Fall Round-up at Tom's Farms Nov 3, 2007