South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Guess what guess what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:35 PM

Guess what guess what?

That old building they have been renovating on Lincoln (Anaheim) right near the 5 onramp - it has a sign - It's going to be a RUBY'S!!!

We need to bless the place with our HHR presence when it opens its doors!

Ruby’s Diner opening first-ever carhop service eatery

Watch out Sonic. Ruby’s Diner is coming after you.

The Newport Beach-based chain has announced plans to open its first-ever restaurant with carhop service. Ruby’s is renovating a 1920s structure in Anaheim on Lincoln Avenue, near the Santa Ana (5) Freeway, said owner Doug Cavanaugh.

The new restaurant, slated to open at the end of the year, will offer 12 “carhop” stalls, he said. Servers will take orders and deliver food, similar to service found at Sonic Drive-ins in Mission Viejo and Anaheim.

The restaurant, located in a part of Anaheim referred to as “Five Points,” also will have a full-size diner for sit-down customers. Opening a diner with carhop service is something Cavanaugh has wanted to do for years.

When the chain snagged the large Five Points area, Cavanaugh decided this would be a good time to launch his first-ever drive-up restaurant.

“We just wanted to do something unique and special to hallmark this (historic) location,” he said.

The new restaurant will be called Ruby’s Five Points Diner. Address: 1128 W. Lincoln Ave. Anaheim. Ruby’s operates 47 units in several states.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 PM

i wonder if the ruby's in missoula, mt. is part of them. interesting, huh?
Old 02-21-2010, 01:33 PM

Sounds like a future SoCalHRR g2g.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:42 PM

This is very interesting - they want to be "better than Sonic"?? Good, I'll stop in and tell them what SONIC told US and see what they say! We could get a few group photos with the roller skating car hops.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:45 PM

Great find Cheri. They have great food and it might be nice to switch it up with AJ's.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:41 AM

Yeah!!!
I was wondering what Ruby's you were referring to -- easy to get to, good food too!
Gosh I'm going to miss living here ...

@
Old 02-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by afs9
Yeah!!!
I was wondering what Ruby's you were referring to -- easy to get to, good food too!
Gosh I'm going to miss living here ...

@
You'll love the east coast Ang!!! Well maybe not the weather, but you will love everything else. Ok, maybe not..but you will love the Boy!! Todd (uma)
Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 AM

I'll keep a watch over them and see when the opening is...and check with management about groups, too.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:24 AM

Is KY the east coast or the south?! :P

Originally Posted by Uma
You'll love the east coast Ang!!! Well maybe not the weather, but you will love everything else. Ok, maybe not..but you will love the Boy!! Todd (uma)
Silly, I'm in the South!
It is 34F today in Louisville -- dunno if I (or my sirius blackie) can handle this kind of cold! Ah well ... although I do see a lot of HHR's.

Regardless, looking forward to the next g2g @ Ruby's!

@
Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 PM

Well, we gotta get the place finished inside first LOL. Knowing Anaheim, this could take a while. But it does look large enough to have inside dining too.

Quick Reply: Guess what guess what?