South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Help HHR italian surfers

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM

Help HHR italian surfers

Being I one of the few owners of the fantastic HHR in Italy, I'm trying to spread the world around the chevvy; regularly spend time above the sea, lovers of wind and waves, I belong to a community of windsurfers in Rome.
Seeking the help from you is essentially the testimony that combine the thought of living the sea by expressing the HHR also through a certain philosophy of life and we commonly call "life style".
Our European point of view is substantially different from yours; we were always those who dreamed of the States, California, Hawaii and beyond.
Personally, I crowned my dream visiting all the places where I found so wonderful and incredible wind and waves: Hawaii precisely and California.
What I try it's signals belonging at, transmitting knowledge by bringing all my friends this philosophy of life. Some photos I've taken from the web but I must also some of your testimony, if you like.This is because I am preparing a news article submission, as both the HHR retro machine is used both by those who live the joy of the sea.
Forgive me for this request may be a little absurd
Included in your post also pictures or drawings of the old suburban carrying surf
Thanks, Thanks a lot
and sorry for the english very very bad
Old 09-28-2009, 02:56 PM

Gerardo, are you wanting photos of HHR's with say, surfboards or beach/ocean related items? I know some of the the Southern California guys use their HHR's for their surfing gear (Tracy, 220/James), and other folks from other parts of the state and country have surf/ocean themes.

What kind of article are you writing?

Angelita
Old 09-28-2009, 03:51 PM

Is an article with opportunities photos representant surfer guys with his car and that in a sense it is a descendant of the "Bear" generation or "a big wednesday" as if to relive their own stages of that period only by owning a car that you remember this, so everything is fine: stickers, shirts, logos, with antique-style HHR, but not only, even photos with description of the car give the HHR's official surfer ever, but the article begins thus roughly

""The history of this car part from afar to days our and is the car that embodies the true surfer spirit, American of course, but we we inspire or no to that world who invented for us Europeans go to sea with tables before and with sails above, after ?
We dreamt since from childhood with "A Big Wednesday" that one day we would be gone all surfing overseas breathing that air that identifies a particular; growing little our personality with the dream then same well we read through "Point Break" sensations adrenalin for us that we go everywhere claiming the joy of living the sea.
Tables are and will always be on cars; course carries much equipment with vans various equally functional and comfortable, but this HHR coming since 1949 as official ambulance of the Pennsilvania, adopted following the van, wagon, crossover, station? Do not know. Certainly is Suburban Chevy of the 49 will give life to a litany of cars in old style always functional American youth until the days our precisely....

Thanks again to everyone who provide me with the material
Old 09-29-2009, 11:40 PM

Hello to HHRome! I see you understand the spirit of the HHR and the woody. Like you, I admire the retro styling and the great old feel of the 1949 Suburban. Because of your special interest in surfing, I made a group of photos for you to look at. Most of them are my own car but I do hope that people will send you photos of their cars also. I believe you can download full-sized copies of any photo you want for yourself.

Don't forget to tell your friends that an HHR is a car of many moods and can be decked out in old school flames, a gangster look, a hearse, a little truck, or anything you want it to be. Your imagination is your only limit (and $$ money, of course)! But a stock HHR right off the dealership is still a thing of great beauty and versatility.

I hope you enjoy my photos. Just click on this link, and then click slideshow.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Mitzkity...eat=directlink
Old 09-30-2009, 05:17 AM

How could escape your HHR? It was one of the first that I have admired; your photos are perfect for conveying the unique sensations and particularly the testimony to interpret this style..

Don't forget to tell your friends that an HHR is a car of many moods and can be decked out in old school flames, a gangster look, a hearse, a little truck, or anything you want it to be. Your imagination is your only limit
Thanks for the photos and to share this passion
Old 09-30-2009, 09:20 AM

Unique Sensations! Woo! Nice!